Hey so i just bought an AT&T bold to be used on Rogers.

Was just wondering, as the minimalist i am,

How bothersome is the branding on an AT&T bold? I'm used to a factory unlocked/unbranded 8900.

If its just the start up screen, then its not too bad, and i guess i can hide any AT&T-only stuff if its installed right?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by barrist; 11-28-09 at 05:49 AM.
    11-26-09 08:08 AM
    I'm curious, how did you get your ATT Bold? I tried an Att store and they would only sell me one if I was an ATT customer. Even non contract. Iwould also use mine on Rogers.
    11-26-09 08:29 AM
    I bought mine used off someone on Crackberry.

Weird, they wouldn't even sell you one?
    11-26-09 08:32 AM
    Apart from the splash screen and the print below the keyboard you should not notice a difference. It is certainly not worth the risk of attempting to debrand with stolen and hacked software.
    11-26-09 08:34 AM
    Nope. I live near the border and figured I could save a few bucks. I dont get why they dont want my $$
    11-26-09 08:34 AM
    We could sell unlocked devices as well if you cannot find one to sell it for you. But most Corporate stores should sell it to you, but some will keep them for active customers.
    11-26-09 10:51 AM
    thanks for the replies..

i had another question, but it may be off topic for this board

in terms of firmware, i've done some initial reading about 5.0.0.348 where at&t bolds have trouble with it. is this because of the hardware itself or the network it's on? my question is if it would be any different function wise (random reboots) if it were on rogers?

Thanks
    11-28-09 05:49 AM
    All carriers except att's have no issues at all. Its just a software issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD