So I got a storm2 for my wife and she decided she didn't like it. I am going to be selling it but I wanted to see if it is worth to get it unlocked first. Suggestions?

If it is better to get it unlocked does it need to have an active phone number?

Thanks
    03-05-10 12:51 PM
    I believe it is worth it to get it unlocked and you do not need an active phone number to do it.
    03-05-10 12:54 PM
    Verizon will usually give you the unlock code for free (if the device is active on an account in good standing).

If unlocked, you increase the number of perspective buys as not only VZW customers can use it.. but T-mobile, AT&T, and other carriers as well.

So why not unlock?
    03-05-10 01:16 PM
    so if you unlock it you will be able to use it on sprint with no problems?
    03-05-10 03:22 PM
    No, you would not be able to use it on Sprint because they are a CDMA network that doesn't use SIM cards.
    03-05-10 04:04 PM
    The unlock code site I use was having a $5 special for blackberries. Figured I would unlock mine while it was cheap just in case I end up getting rid of it.
    03-05-10 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will give VZW a call and see if I can get a code for it. It hasn't been associated with the account for a while, so we will see.

Chewy, what site did you use?
    03-05-10 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD