I've noticed more and more the past few weeks that my storm will be unlocked when I pull it out of my pocket even though I locked it prior to putting it in my pocket. At 1st I just thought I was hitting the unlock button as I pulled it out of my pocket, but the more it happens the more it makes me wonder...............THEN Last night at work I pulled my storm out of my pocket (it was locked), checked the time on it (left it locked), set it down in front of me (still locked), then about 5 minutes later I see it light up and when I look its unlocked and on the full icon screen.....................

anyone else notice this happening?
    02-26-09 09:52 AM
    What OS are you using? If its 75 it might be rebooting while in your pocket. Update to 103 and see if that doesn't help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:57 AM
    That happens to me at times. Also, it goes into vibrate mode all on its own. This is all due to movement when sitting. The phone presses against my upper thigh and can hit either of the top two buttons. One takes it out of lock and the other (the mute button) if held for a few seconds, makes the phone go to vibrate mode. Loser fitting pants is the answer for me.
    02-26-09 10:01 AM
    That happens to me at times. Also, it goes into vibrate mode all on its own. This is all due to movement when sitting. The phone presses against my upper thigh and can hit either of the top two buttons. One takes it out of lock and the other (the mute button) if held for a few seconds, makes the phone go to vibrate mode. Loser fitting pants is the answer for me.
    That could explain away the pocket issue, but what about it unlocking itself while sitting on a desk without being touched? Just odd............
    02-26-09 10:08 AM
    You might want to download the AutoLock app. That would make your phone lock after the backlight shuts off. If it unlocks automatically, at least it will re-lock shortly.
    02-26-09 10:10 AM
    What OS are you using? If its 75 it might be rebooting while in your pocket. Update to 103 and see if that doesn't help

If you'd look under his post it says that he is running .109. Well either way i had this same problem and i just had to do a couple of battery pulls after the upgrade from .103. The problem went away. maybe it had something to do with some program wanting an input simulation or i could be completely wrong.
    02-26-09 12:30 PM
    I have had this problem for a while and I have done some investigating and have narrowed it down. I would lock my phone put it iin my pocket and when I pulled it out it was unlocked. One time I locked it and just observed it and found it that when I receive any sort of notification either text or message then phone unlocks automatically. After observing it for a while it does it every time I get a message. This is really annoying and I hope it gets fixed soon.

02-26-09 12:39 PM
    I had this happen after going to 109 OS. Found that if you lock it before putting in holster it will unlock taking it out which some people like. If you go to Options, Password and set Yes to lock handheld when holstering it will be locked when you take it out of holster only if you don't manually lock it prior to holstering
    Last edited by MarkinTN14; 03-06-09 at 03:31 PM.
    03-06-09 03:29 PM
    I'm on .99 and have this same issue. Not really a big deal, but it seems to only unlock itself when it's in landscape mode. It doesn't happen all the time though.
    03-06-09 04:34 PM
    I have this same problem, I also thought that I was just knocking the unlock button. But I have actually locked my phone now and watched it come back on by itself, its becoming more frequent and within a shorter time span between me locking it and it unlocking itself. I'm not sure what I'm operating on though. I did upgrade it when I recently set up the Blackberry desktop program, to add apps though - could this have made a difference?!

I'm also running these apps: Facebook, Trapster, Weatherbug, Crackberry and BuzzMe.

I've noticed also that my facebook notifications have stopped working.

Oh and while I'm ranting - I was just looking to see what apps I had then and it's decided to just go on to the mainscreen by itself, then dim, and then light up again - arghhhhh!

N.B! I just deleted some of the apps, as I noticed somebody mentioned they also had a vibrate and ring type application - I had buzzme and wondered if there was some connection, as of yet the phone hasnt unlocked itself.. watch this space!
    Last edited by a18gen; 06-02-09 at 02:55 PM. Reason: made some changes...
    06-02-09 02:31 PM
    My Storm has had this problem ever since I upgraded to the 5.0/148 Hybrid. Put on charger, lock, then 15 seconds later screen lights back up unlocked. I just turned Storm Slider back on and no problems.
    06-02-09 03:46 PM
    Yeah my phone does it too when I get a message from visual voicemail...its annoying and sometimes I find when I pull out my phone that i'm callling someone as well. I'm going to try the storm slider app to try or that autolock to see what happens. VERY ANNOYING!!!
    08-14-09 01:04 PM
    i was sitting here at my pc and my blackberry bold 9700 is in front of me not doing nothing and it just unlocked itself its weird, if you ask me i think its a silly idea that it happens they need to sort it out
    04-18-10 02:00 PM
    That could explain away the pocket issue, but what about it unlocking itself while sitting on a desk without being touched? Just odd............
    Mine was doing this right after I got it. I ended up having to get a replacement from Verizon.
    04-18-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD