Hi there,

I have a problem with unlocking my Storm, I got 3 unlocking codes from uniquephones but none of them works when I enter them in mep2 screen...

I disabled all connections, had the new SIM card from the provider I want to use (Hutchinson 3G) inserted. The device is locked to Mobilkom A1, do I have to put in an A1 SIM card to do the unlocking? Or what am I doing wrong?

Regards Mike
    03-13-09 05:41 PM
    I think you need to have the SIM card inserted that came with the phone.
    03-13-09 06:07 PM
    There is no SIM that came with the phone...
    I cant try forever because there are only 6 of 10 attempts left.

The unlocking instruction also says "Insert any SIM card".
    03-13-09 06:10 PM
    I just unlocked my phone with uniquephones, If I were you I would contact their support asap and have them verify all the IMEI, codes and carrier. Don't enter anything else until you've talked to support.
    03-13-09 06:19 PM
    Hi there,

I have a problem with unlocking my Storm, I got 3 unlocking codes from uniquephones but none of them works when I enter them in mep2 screen...

I disabled all connections, had the new SIM card from the provider I want to use (Hutchinson 3G) inserted. The device is locked to Mobilkom A1, do I have to put in an A1 SIM card to do the unlocking? Or what am I doing wrong?

Regards Mike
    Well first of all the unlock code is unique so I am not sure why you got 3 different unlock codes. Where did you buy it from? If Mobilkom then you should have their unlock code. Furthermore they can give you the correct unlock code and then you just need to follow the instructions that are in this forum for unlocking the sim card.
    03-13-09 06:22 PM
    I already contacted them yesterday, they told me their technical team would contact me within 24hrs but no answer yet and now it is weekend.
    This makes me angry. :/
    03-13-09 06:24 PM
    Well first of all the unlock code is unique so I am not sure why you got 3 different unlock codes. Where did you buy it from? If Mobilkom then you should have their unlock code. Furthermore they can give you the correct unlock code and then you just need to follow the instructions that are in this forum for unlocking the sim card.
    I got it from UniquePhones. I cant get the unlock code from Mobilkom because they write so in the contract. Even if they would do the unlocking, they would charge very high fees.
    03-13-09 06:28 PM
    whose version of the storm do you have because if its vodafone and seeing that its a 9500 you may. side note vodafones 9500 comes unlocked
    03-13-09 07:30 PM
    Its a 9500 and yes its a "Vodafone" but provided by Austrian provider "A1". And its definitly locked because (with the new card inserted) at the SIM card screen it says "No valid SIM card".

At mepd it says SIM Disabled, Network Active.
    03-13-09 07:34 PM
    i dont know because when i bought my vodafone storm here in germany it cam unlocked just put a tmobile sim card in and it worked. as they told you before get ahold of the people you bought the unlock code from. and 2 make sure the sim card is active . and i had a friend who tried to unlock his vodafone storm through 3 different companies before i told him his was already unlocked and they couldnt provide him a valid unlock code
    03-13-09 07:45 PM
    Try the sim in someone else's phone to be sure it is working.
    03-13-09 07:50 PM
    just my add to earlier posts, vodafone UK Storms ARE unlocked, so it varies according to the regulations in each country.

When I unlocked my Storm, I had problems also at first because I didn't know to have a sim card inserted..... I don't think it matter what sim you have in there for unlocking, although I could be wrong.
    03-13-09 08:23 PM
    just my add to earlier posts, vodafone UK Storms ARE unlocked, so it varies according to the regulations in each country.

When I unlocked my Storm, I had problems also at first because I didn't know to have a sim card inserted..... I don't think it matter what sim you have in there for unlocking, although I could be wrong.
    All Vodafone UK Storms are LOCKED!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 09:00 PM
    Hi mitsch?

I have same problem like you and same operator and waiting help from uniqephones..

did you unlocked your phone?_ how?
    03-21-09 06:50 AM
    Not yet!
    Uniquephones is unwilling to help.
    I gave mine to a local unlocking store, they dont charge money when it fails.
    03-21-09 08:27 AM
    Not yet!
    Uniquephones is unwilling to help.
    I gave mine to a local unlocking store, they dont charge money when it fails.
    @mitsch
    did they solve the problem at the unlocking store? Which unlockingstore did you gave it to? In Vienna?
    brgds michael
    03-21-09 11:13 AM
    I gave it to semaf.at but they need 2 weeks to get the codes, so I have to wait
    03-21-09 11:27 AM
    hallo mitsch,
    danke fr den Hinweis. den semaf hab ich auch schon im internet gesehen. Werd wohl auch dorthin gehen. Ich habe bereits auch schon an die 60 Euro ausgegeben fr Codes, die nicht funktionieren. A1 hat angeblich die gerteinterne "Blacklist" upgedatet...darum sind auch die gekauften Codes alle falsch
    Hab gestern mit A1 gesprochen: 150 Euro (!!!) kostet das Entsperren im Shop.
    Danke jedenfalls fr deine Info
    lg
    michael
    03-21-09 11:38 AM
    i refund my money back from uniqphones.

mobilkom wants 150 euro for unlocking. should i try another unlock site on web?

i wonder why these codes didnt work with mobilkom a1? why?
    03-21-09 03:49 PM
    Who did you say the phone is locked to?
    03-21-09 06:35 PM
    ich hab das gleiche problem und ich bin soweit das handy zurck zu geben.
    mir reichts ich kann nich glauben das es firmen gibt wie diese ganoven von mobilkom. es ist nicht zu fassen das sowas rechtens ist und vodafone sowie blackberry das erlauben. ich finde die leute die dafr zustndig sind sollte an die wnad gestellt werden. ich dachte immer sterreich und deutschland sind quasi ein land aber das hat mir bewiesen das sterreichen doch nen kleinen italiener in sich haben...naja wie auch immer ich hol nix mehr aus sterreich.
    05-15-09 03:45 PM
    My last code worked, i got it from Semaf
    05-15-09 06:45 PM
    You can use any sim card in phone to unlock. You need to know who the phone is locked to. Not all 9500 phones come unlocked even though they are GSM not CDMA. We unlock phones all over the world whether 9530 or 9500 or any BB.
    05-15-09 07:24 PM
    Just got my code from uniquephones. Followed the instructions and the first code unlocked it on the first try. Actually they sent me 3 codes. Followed the instructions, type in slowly, double checked the code i had typed in, then hit enter. It's a long code. 16 numbers. I divided into 4 groups on paper first, and then entered it. Worked like a charm and now the phone is unlocked!
    05-24-09 04:50 PM
    wxman2003 you fail at reading.

this thread is on 9500 not 9530 with provider A1 and not verizon.
    05-24-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD