Long storymy friemd has the blackberry storm and owes alot of money,lost her job other stuff but she has had the same phone number for over 10 years I think.

So is there a way for to use the phone for FREE? I am new to BB and I have the 8330 curve and I am not really sure wht this unlock the BB thing is?

Would that work? Is there a way for to change companies but keep the number? Can she forward calls or something?

Really need the help she alot of job aplactions out and they all have her current number.

So they turned her phone off where she can only get incoming calls...

Please advice ASAP....

08-12-09 02:17 PM
    No, I don't believe there is a way to use it for free. Even if you unlock it, that only allows you to use the SIM card on another carrier, it doesn't give you the ability to use it without a voice/data plan. I'm afraid your friend is pretty much out of luck and has to lose the ability to have a cell phone. I'm sorry to hear about their problems, I hope things get better.
    08-12-09 02:27 PM
    Thats the bad thing about cell phones. Thats why when I give my number on an app I list my land line. $10 a month is cheaper that $180 that Verizon charges me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 02:37 PM