Does anyone have a code to unlock a Storm 95xx
    07-13-09 12:47 AM
    1234xxx567xxx89
    07-13-09 12:48 AM
    Any random code won't work in any Storm. Each code is IMEI specific. If you want to can buy a code online from a site like Horizon Wireless or call your carrier and get it free.
    07-13-09 12:48 AM
    It's only free if you pay full price for the phone or the difference.
    07-13-09 12:49 AM
    07-13-09 12:58 AM
    Why buy when you can get it for free from Verizon.
    07-13-09 10:52 AM
    Since you're with Verizon, just call their customer service and tell them you might be going overseas and you want to unlock your phone so that you can use a foreign SIM card while abroad. They should look at you account and make sure that you meet their requirements which are having an account for a month and no outstanding balances on your bill. They'll then redirect you to global support or something who will walk you through the unlock process and give you the code. It's best if you do NOT call on the phone that you want unlocked.

Oh, and they'll e-mail you a terms of service thing basically excusing themselves of any liability if you break your phone. The unlock code is completely FREE this way though.

Someone else posted that you have to be a VZW customer for at least six months. When I unlocked my phone, I had met the requirements, and since I've been a customer for several years now, that wasn't a problem. Perhaps it is a six month requirement and that's why we've been hearing so much about people getting turned away.
    Last edited by Dasle; 07-14-09 at 07:23 AM.
    07-13-09 01:39 PM
    Well, Like stated before. Why not get it for Free ?
    Call your carrier and be extra nice to them ^ - ^
    It might help at times.
    07-14-09 12:37 PM
    Like others said, just call Verizon. I did it last week, went without a hitch in about 5 minutes. Tell them you're traveling abroad and would like the phone unlocked.

-Cyrus
    07-14-09 02:12 PM
    it's 60 days not 6 months
    07-14-09 02:49 PM
    im going on vacation to portugal in 2 weeks. i already unlocked my verizon storm.
    but now im still a little bit confused with what i have to do for my phone to work over there.
    my question is. when i get to portugal all i need to do is insert a pre-paid SIM CARD from there?? and thats it??
    or i also need to change the settings on the phone etc.......??

hope somebody can clarify this for me.
    07-14-09 03:37 PM
    Account in good standing 60 days
    07-14-09 04:28 PM
    im going on vacation to portugal in 2 weeks. i already unlocked my verizon storm.
    but now im still a little bit confused with what i have to do for my phone to work over there.
    my question is. when i get to portugal all i need to do is insert a pre-paid SIM CARD from there?? and thats it??
    or i also need to change the settings on the phone etc.......??

hope somebody can clarify this for me.
    You can just use the SIM that came with your Storm if you want to get calls on your VZW number, and are willing to pay the somewhat exorbitant roaming charges. To do this, you don't need to unlock anything; just call VZW and enable international service. OTOH, if you want to go on the cheap with a local SIM, that is when you need to unlock the phone (so it will accept the "foreign" SIM). People can reach you on the (local) number associated with the SIM, not your VZW number.
    07-14-09 06:34 PM
    It's only free if you pay full price for the phone or the difference.
    Not true at all. I didn't even buy my Storm (when I had it) through Verizon and they unlocked it for me.
    07-14-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD