Hello!
    I know the "how do I unlock ____" has been asked ad nauseum, but I have not been able to find a solution for my question after quite a bit of searching.

Basically I bought a BB Storm on eBay, it is locked to Verizon Wireless, what I want to do is to unlock the phone so I can use it on my current provider - Rogers Wireless (in Canada, London, Ontario to be exact).

After reading how to unlock the BB Storm (also worth mentioning is that I do not know what model it is, either a 9500 or 9530), I have run into a slight snag.

According to this website: How do I unlock my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (Can be active or inactive)
    I need a SIM card installed, but can this be ANY sim card or does it have to be a Verizon SIM? (Remembering, I do NOT have a Verizon sim card, just a Rogers One).

Also I have been searching for cable unlocks - I understand the premise on how it works, unfortunately I have no idea where to get the software.
    Lastly, if there is a hardware unlock (pop open the BB, and mess around to unlock it) I am willing to try that too.

Thanks!
    07-15-10 09:43 PM
    You can unlock your Storm with a Rogers SIM inside. Any SIM will do (Active/Inactive). We don't suggest you open it or mess around with it, let the pros take care of you

Check your PM.
    07-16-10 10:13 AM
    PM received!
    Kudos!
    Thank you! You are the best
    07-16-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD