Hey Storm lovers, Bold user here and I want to purchase a Storm to mix it up along with my Bold.

I was just wondering if the Storm can be unlocked to be used with any GSM carrier (preferably Rogers [canadian]).

I was reading over and I've seen that they couldn't or there was a problem trying to.

Please clarify.
    03-24-09 04:11 PM
    Wow...don't know where you've been reading...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 04:41 PM
    yes you can, just take a search around here and you'll find out.
    03-24-09 04:44 PM
    ive seen hundreds of posts from rodgers users with a storm... so... yea.. it can be done!
    03-24-09 04:46 PM
    Yes.

03-24-09 04:49 PM
    Nice thanks.

Wow...don't know where you've been reading...

Someones mad?
    03-24-09 04:53 PM
    Nice thanks.

Someones mad?
    No, it just a pretty no-brainer question if you search...
    03-24-09 05:35 PM
    Yay, a question I can answer. Ahhh, it already has been. Works well with ATT, and I know many people use this with Rogers as well. I laughed when you put Canadian after Rogers as if no one here has ever heard of them before.
    03-24-09 06:19 PM
    Sorry to be the downer. But while the Verizon Storm (9530) and the European Storms (9500) are easily unlockable. There has not been a successful unlock proven for the Bell or Telus Storms. So just be careful which one you buy. At least until someone reports on here that they did get their Telus or Bell storm unlocked.

There have been a couple of companies that say they can do it. They say it could take up to 2 weeks. One is Horizon Wireless. But they have not been able to unlock anyone's yet.

When you have an unlocked one you can easily use it on Rogers. Rogers even has the service books for the Storm. The only problem (right now) is that the latest leaked OS's which fix alot of problems with the Storm do not fix the radio connection. So it takes some tinkering to get the EDGE connection you will need on Rogers to have Web, e-mail and Pin ability.

Read, read, read.
    Last edited by starwatcher; 03-24-09 at 06:35 PM.
    03-24-09 06:33 PM
    Sorry to be the downer. But while the Verizon Storm (9530) and the European Storms (9500) are easily unlockable. There has not been a successful unlock proven for the Bell or Telus Storms. So just be careful which one you buy. At least until someone reports on here that they did get their Telus or Bell storm unlocked.

There have been a couple of companies that say they can do it. They say it could take up to 2 weeks. One is Horizon Wireless. But they have not been able to unlock anyone's yet.

When you have an unlocked one you can easily use it on Rogers. Rogers even has the service books for the Storm. The only problem (right now) is that the latest leaked OS's which fix alot of problems with the Storm do not fix the radio connection. So it takes some tinkering to get the EDGE connection you will need on Rogers to have Web, e-mail and Pin ability.

Read, read, read.

I did UNLOCK my Storm From Bell Canada !!!! Works fine with Rogers SIM card (after selecting GSM over CDMA)
    09-28-09 02:06 PM
    If you buy a telus or bell one you won't be able to as of yet. If you get a verizon or vodafone storm then yes you can unlock it and use it on rogers.

Don't want to put you down, - but I just unlocked my BB Storm 9530 from Bell. Works fine with Rogers SIM card.
    09-28-09 02:10 PM
    Yay, a question I can answer. Ahhh, it already has been. Works well with ATT, and I know many people use this with Rogers as well. I laughed when you put Canadian after Rogers as if no one here has ever heard of them before.
    Who is Roger?

09-28-09 02:30 PM
    i believe it is unlockable i got mine done from P-Mall in toronto :-D
    09-28-09 02:45 PM
    Ofcourse its unlockable guys! But I think everyone missed the fact that the original post was from March..when it either wasn't possible, or atleast not widely available

All/most unlockers provide the service now
    09-28-09 07:39 PM
    Ofcourse its unlockable guys! But I think everyone missed the fact that the original post was from March..when it either wasn't possible, or atleast not widely available

All/most unlockers provide the service now
    I think lots of us just in need of place to write
    09-28-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD