04-02-10 06:34 PM
29 12
tools
    I cant seem to be able to setup my email accounts using the email setup on my phone or eevn on the T-mobile BIS page using a regular pc. I did registered the device and got the service books, i got browser, WAP.. whatever that is, sms, mms... everything seems to work.. i just cant setup my email, when i do try and set it up it says it cannot connect to server. could this have anything to do with the TCP/IP settings, or anything else. The phone is unlocked from verizon and i got it new, not used from a previous user. Thanks a lot for your help.
    04-20-09 02:55 PM
    anything... t-mobile users?
    04-20-09 04:15 PM
    Just got mine today, used, and was able to fix everything about. Except of course the email. i keep getting the same thing saying i cant connect to the server. I loved getting my emails on my other bb but if i cant get it on this one, i may go back to my older one...
    04-20-09 04:42 PM
    Did you change your phone to the 8820 on your my.t-mobile.com account?
    04-20-09 06:12 PM
    well i changed it on my.t-mobile.com and i still get the same message

EDIT: I changed it and now I dont get EDGE or even edge, i just get GSM. now i cant connect to any of my apps or anything. I even changed it back and it still says the same thing

EDIT 2: EDGE finally came back, but the message went back to cant connect to the server instead of connected but the provider wasnt connected, or something like that.
    Last edited by dennisero; 04-20-09 at 09:18 PM. Reason: additional info
    04-20-09 08:25 PM
    well i changed it on my.t-mobile.com and i still get the same message

EDIT: I changed it and now I dont get EDGE or even edge, i just get GSM. now i cant connect to any of my apps or anything. I even changed it back and it still says the same thing
    Change it to 8800, send the service books, then battery pull the phone. See if that sequence kicks the phone from GSM to EDGE. I originally said set it to 8820, I apologize, it's 8800. Do that and follow the instructions in the next post.
    Last edited by xTemptati0n; 04-20-09 at 09:13 PM.
    04-20-09 09:08 PM
    By the way, I knew I had saw a Storm thread in this forum section that dealt with this issue and I just found it. Try this solution, it should fix your problem. http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/e-m...moblie-205095/
    04-20-09 09:11 PM
    well i did all that and im back to GSM, and the message changed to my connection to the mobile network is on but im not in the wireless coverage area...
    04-20-09 10:44 PM
    I really have no clue then if you did all of the following that have been posted in this thread. Only thing left for you to do is to call Customer Care and have them transfer you to BlackBerry Support.
    04-20-09 11:13 PM
    I know its gonna sound like a pain, but could you make up a step by step way to do all of the forementioned things? just to make sure i have it down right, kinda new to this whole bb thing.
    04-20-09 11:17 PM
    Change your phone to the 8800 on my.t-mobile.com. Then do the steps in the first post in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/e-m...moblie-205095/. Once this is done, send the service books and pull the battery to be on the safe side. Once you put the battery back in let everything boot back up and hopefully everything is up and running like it needs to.
    04-21-09 12:10 AM
    You can go to the BB storm Tips and tricks section and that should take care of you. Mine has been working since day one after setting up everything
    04-21-09 12:13 AM
    I did it again and now i cant seem to get edge back no matter what i try. id rather have everything work except email than nothing work besides phone and messaging.
    04-21-09 12:46 AM
    Which OS are you using
    04-21-09 01:06 AM
    not sure what to read off or if im in the right area, but it says 3g, cdma...that help?

EDIT: Not totally sure how i did it but i have edge again and i think ill just leave it as it is. i can do without email.
    Last edited by dennisero; 04-21-09 at 01:58 AM.
    04-21-09 01:27 AM
    You have to go to options then click about and it'll tell you the software version.
    04-21-09 10:42 AM
    well under Nuance it says vsuite 2.1 version 2088 build 0241. and under bb it says v4.7.0.75 platform 4.0.0.94
    04-21-09 10:48 AM
    excuse me, im new to the forum but i've participated in other forums and discussions and i believe thread hijacking is not something that the community appreciates.. at least ask!
    04-21-09 01:11 PM
    Well i didnt mean to "hijack" your thread. we have a common problem and the info should have pretained to you as well. you could have participated in asking questions and, in fact, still can. better to group common problems in one thread than to have the same question repeatedly asked on the forums. just saying.
    04-21-09 03:16 PM
    well if the problem is the same im going to find the answer for you right now. I found another thread that did the trick.. Basically find someone's blackberry that belongs to Tmobile>put your sim card in their phone turn it on>go to the Tmobile website then setup the emails>go to device settings and change the pin and IMEI to yours>save.. now you should have emails and you can also set them up.. dont forget to select your phone on the tmobile site as the 8800.

It works like a charm.. so dont look for any others answers.. i spent ours with t-mobile on the phone, blackberry support and even RIM... they coulnd't help.

PS_ Make sure you enter under Options>TCP/IP>APN>wap.voicestream.com
    Last edited by Yomny; 04-21-09 at 03:52 PM.
    04-21-09 03:48 PM
    well, i ended up trying one last time and everything managed to work itself out eventually. thanks for all the help to anyone who contributed.
    04-21-09 07:53 PM
    Glad you got it to work, feel free to post again if you run into any other problems.
    04-21-09 08:06 PM
    funny you should mention that, lol. in my room on my older bb i got EDGE, now i seem to get it if im out and about but i come back and i only have GSM. any suggestions?
    04-22-09 01:05 AM
    Hmmm, that's kind of unusual. Service wouldn't just get poor in your area for no reason, which leads me to believe that it may be the device's signal.
    04-22-09 12:37 PM
    perhaps, im not sure. i wish it would work but i can deal with it if it doesnt. i mean, my computer is readily available while im at home anyways.
    04-23-09 11:06 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD