I unlocked my Storm 2 and tested an ATT sim card and it worked. My question is I plan to take it to Myanmar (Burma) and I will put in a local sim card into it. Does anyone know if this will work? Thanks.
    PS: I also have an unlocked Storm and Tour (9630). Will these devices work as well?
    01-04-10 12:03 PM
    Yes they will work, as long as they are unlocked. You will have a different phone number and may not have data, depending on the SIM and it's associated plan.

Moving thread to BB Unlocking Forum.
    01-04-10 12:13 PM
    Thanks! I thought they would but I wanted to ask the experts here. I appreciate the quick reply.
    01-04-10 12:28 PM
    yes they will work just fine
    01-04-10 03:18 PM
    I unlocked my Storm 2 and tested an ATT sim card and it worked. My question is I plan to take it to Myanmar (Burma) and I will put in a local sim card into it. Does anyone know if this will work? Thanks.
    PS: I also have an unlocked Storm and Tour (9630). Will these devices work as well?
    Yes they will, depending on the carrier you use you might be able to get 3G, so all you want to remember is that you will need to go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then try 3G or 2G. 2G will work for sure.
    01-04-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD