Sprint BB Tour Fully Unlocked

I unlocked my Tour with the code provided for FREE From Sprint and it works using AT&T SIM card. I have not tried any other carrier. DO NOT buy an unlock code online -- you can get it from Sprint for FREE!

1. Call Sprint International Dept. at 1-888-226-7212, option 1.

2. Tell them you want to unlock your BB Tour to use an international SIM card when you travel.

3. They will have you provide them your ESN/MEID# (DEC # on the box... usually starts with something like 268...)

4. They will then put you on hold for a minute to get the unlock code that's specific to your phone.

5. Next step, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card

6. When on this menu, type into the keyboard: mepd

7. This will bring up a menu -- next step, type into the keyboard: mep2 (or mep + ALT E)

8. It will prompt you for a code and tell you that you have 10 tries to get it right.

9. Enter the code Sprint gives you into this box. You must type somewhat quick as if you go to slow or wait too long the characters you type will get wiped out before you finish.

10. Once you verify the #s are right, push the Scroll Wheel. Phone should then read "Code Acepted".

11. Next, you need to REBOOT your phone, not just power it off/on. To reboot, press ALT + CAPS + DEL(BKSPACE) at the same time. You MUST use the CAPS key on the RIGHT side of the keyboard for it to work (there are 2 caps keys).

12. Phone will take about 3-5 mins to boot back up.

13. Next, go to Options -> Mobile Network

14. On this menu, I changed my settings to match the following:
    Data Service: On
    Mobile Network: Can't Change - It will change on it's own
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Technology: GSM/UTMS

15. As soon as I did that, it said searching signal, and then found the GSM signal from AT&T. If you change the Network Selection mode, it might or might not work. Mine did not work unless you set it to Automatic, in which case it automatically recognized the AT&T settings.

Hope this helps, post any questions you have and good luck!
    07-24-09 06:33 AM
    I 've tried the unlock steps for my sprint blackberry tour; after I enter mepd and the personalization screen appears, I then entered mep2 but nothing happens. I've tried this several times with no results. Can anyone please tell me what the problem may be?

Thanks,
    Last edited by rfd105850; 08-24-09 at 12:41 AM.
    08-24-09 12:31 AM
    I heard that it won't allow you to use data if it uses a GSM network.
    08-24-09 02:33 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    08-24-09 05:00 PM
    I just got a replacement Tour from Sprint and it came unlocked.

However, keep in mind, that when the local chip is activated the Blackberry Tour would get its Blackberry and Data only through the local Sim chip and not through Sprint.
    Last edited by estroh; 09-01-09 at 05:06 PM.
    09-01-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD