11-07-10 12:09 PM
272 ... 678910 ...
tools
    i got mine on friday so how would i know if its locked or not?
    08-02-09 05:03 PM
    i got mine on friday so how would i know if its locked or not?
    I am getting a replacement as well through Sprint telesales (door/trackball issue). I have a T-mobile pay as you go SIM and would imagine if it works then it is unlocked. If you know someone who has at&t or Tmobile ask if you could try out their SIM card in your phone and see if it works then.
    08-02-09 05:11 PM
    when you do the MEPD, it should say inactive under "Network"...

Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM -> type "mepd"

Then look as make sure it says inactive... if it does, it is unlocked.
    Not sure if my Sprint Tour is unlocked or not. When I follow these steps to check everything says disabled.
    08-02-09 05:14 PM
    Not sure if my Sprint Tour is unlocked or not. When I follow these steps to check everything says disabled.
    I believe from what I have read in other threads that "disabled" means it is unlocked.
    08-02-09 06:15 PM
    I believe from what I have read in other threads that "disabled" means it is unlocked.
    YES..."disabled" means UNLOCKED

I have confirmed this with my new Tour I got today.

I put in my T-Mobile SIM and I was texting and making phone calls from my Tour.

Funny thing though...my signal switches from T-Mobile to AT&T Edge depending on my location.
    08-02-09 06:55 PM
    I checked my SIM Card and it shows Disabled for all entries except for: Network it shows Active.

Any advice? Do I need to Unlock?
    08-03-09 04:33 PM
    ^Same here!
    08-03-09 04:38 PM
    I checked my SIM Card and it shows Disabled for all entries except for: Network it shows Active.

When it says Network-----Active it is LOCKED!! My 2nd phone was like this and Sprint kept insisting that the phone was indeed unlocked and when I would get into the foreign country it will work (magically). What a bunch of BullSheet!

My current replacement (my 3rd phone) shows all the categories as Disabled.

If you haven't called Sprint to see if they have an unlock code, do so. I have a feeling my 2nd phone was not included in their list of ones shipped from RIM as locked. Therefore, no unlock code was available.

If sprint says there is no unlock code, go back to the store and return it. I just told them I went abroad and just returned from a business trip and couldn't use my phone at all. Tell them you didn't have time to call international services while you were out there. ( I was wearing a shirt and tie from work anyways).

When they exchange your phone and start to set it up, make sure you do the following:
    1. Check for loose and springy battery covers.
    2. Check the feel of the trackball.
    3. Check under the sim catagory and see if it lists all the catagories as disabled.

My current one had a loose battery cover and I asked the guy if I could try my very original battery cover. My original (1st) battery cover fit very snuggly and was tight. The track ball on the new phone I'm currently using is solid and scrolls left and right as it should.

Good luck!

GC
    08-03-09 04:59 PM

Yes Active or Enabled = Locked
    08-03-09 05:29 PM
    I did the chat as well, phone is now unlocked, took about 10 mins.
    08-03-09 06:33 PM
    My first phone that we unlocked said "Inactive" and i tested that with an AT&T SIM card and sent and received calls.

My new replacement came saying "Disabled" on all
    08-03-09 06:57 PM
    unlocked mine today, very easy through the online chat, took only a few minutes. tried a friends tmobile sim and it worked!!
    08-03-09 07:17 PM
    Hello! I am trying to use my Tour with AT&T and can't figure out if my phone is unlocked or not. I am a BB newbie and really want to use it...when I go to options---advanced settings---SIM card, it reads "security disabled". I have switched my settings to GSM and tried my AT&T SIM card, yet it still comes up Verizon when I turn on the phone. The phone also says "activation required" at the top. Please help-I'm in love with this phone but I can't use it ;-)
    08-04-09 12:48 AM
    Hello! I am trying to use my Tour with AT&T and can't figure out if my phone is unlocked or not. I am a BB newbie and really want to use it...when I go to options---advanced settings---SIM card, it reads "security disabled". I have switched my settings to GSM and tried my AT&T SIM card, yet it still comes up Verizon when I turn on the phone. The phone also says "activation required" at the top. Please help-I'm in love with this phone but I can't use it ;-)
    Hi
    With the SIM card inside go to Options/Advanced Options/Sim Card and then type mepd. If you see Network-Active or Network Enabled that means your phone is locked.

If that's the case, we can help you unlock your Blackberry Tour
    08-04-09 01:05 AM
    If you need unlock code we can help. Activation Req. can be removed by typing ##000000 send, enter you cell number then hit menu key and save, phone will reboot.
    08-04-09 07:52 AM
    Did anyone try a international SIM? Maybe an Orange SIM?
    08-04-09 11:37 AM
    i got mine unlocked and was able to use a t-mobile sim to make and receive calls. Was also able to use it with a digicell sim from trinidad to make and receive calls fine.
    08-04-09 12:15 PM
    nkawal - have a question for you. when u said you use Tmobile sim - did you use prepaid Tmobile sim? or regular sim. if regular sim - is there a specific sim that you requested from tmobile? I have been trying to use tmobile sim and have no luck.
    08-04-09 01:49 PM
    i have mine unlocked and used a att sim to make calls and receive
    08-04-09 03:33 PM
    I used a Trinidad Digicel sim card also and received and made calls as well as texts. I wasn't able to use the BIS on it. Not a problem... When I wanted to use the internet I just put the Sprint sim card back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:43 PM
    anyone find a solution for the no circuit channel avail problem while on tmobile sim making outbound calls?
    08-04-09 04:22 PM
    anyone find a solution for the no circuit channel avail problem while on tmobile sim making outbound calls?
    Still pending issue, we've had conflicting information from RIM, so what we did is sent an unlocked Tour to our RIM contact for him to try it with a T-Mobile SIM card and see for himself.

We will keep everyone posted.
    08-04-09 04:25 PM
    Still pending issue, we've had conflicting information from RIM, so what we did is sent an unlocked Tour to our RIM contact for him to try it with a T-Mobile SIM card and see for himself.

Thanks for the update please keep us posted
    08-04-09 05:05 PM

How to Unlock Your BlackBerry Tour for U.S., Int'l GSM - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership

"The Tour's a dual-band, 3G CDMA device (800/1900 MHz, EVDO Rev A), and it supports both quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz) and single-band, 3G UMTS/HSPA (2100MHz).
    Click here to find out more!

Unfortunately, you're out of luck if you want to use your unlocked Tour on GSM 3G in the United States; neither T-Mobile nor AT&T employ the 2100Mhz frequency for U.S. 3G, even though T-Mobile licenses some of the spectrum and could potentially use it. So your Tour will be stuck on 2.5G EDGE if you decide to unlock and go the GSM-route--at least in the States. "

Is this wrong? I dont have the phone so I have no idea on the specs.
    08-04-09 05:06 PM
    How to Unlock Your BlackBerry Tour for U.S., Int'l GSM - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership

"The Tour's a dual-band, 3G CDMA device (800/1900 MHz, EVDO Rev A), and it supports both quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz) and single-band, 3G UMTS/HSPA (2100MHz).
    Click here to find out more!

Unfortunately, you're out of luck if you want to use your unlocked Tour on GSM 3G in the United States; neither T-Mobile nor AT&T employ the 2100Mhz frequency for U.S. 3G, even though T-Mobile licenses some of the spectrum and could potentially use it. So your Tour will be stuck on 2.5G EDGE if you decide to unlock and go the GSM-route--at least in the States. "

Is this wrong? I dont have the phone so I have no idea on the specs.
    This basically means that 3G will not work on ATT or T-Mobile, you will only be able to use the 2G
    08-04-09 05:08 PM
272 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD