11-07-10 01:09 PM
272 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Mine only has this! I was given the code and there is no where to enter it. Please Helpppp!

SIM Card: Security Disabled
    ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    You have to type in MPED then the screen will change... Then you will type MPE2 then the screen will change again, you will see it say enter lock code.. That is where you will type the numbers Sprint gave you. Then pull your battery and you should be unlocked at that point.
    07-27-09 12:51 AM
    Will the tour find other networks if it is locked? If i go to manual and search, then it picks up att and tmobile, but i dont have sims to test with. Does that mean its unlocked, or will it find them even if locked?
    someone mentioned needing two codes, but never elaborated on it..
    and mine says network inactive
    07-27-09 12:56 AM
    My dad has a Treo 700p and basic Digicel phone and I'm trying hard to convince him to migrate to the Tour. Please post if unlock and Digicel service worked for you. Also are you signing up for prepaid BIS from Digicel? If so is it a seamless transition between US Carrier and Digicel?

Thanks
    I hadn't thought of prepaid BIS thru Digicel.. But if I can get it, I will. If it works I'll be posting here from my phone sometime on Tuesday. It will be too late when I get there tomorrow night.. But I will be at a Digicel store asap on Tuesday morning.
    07-27-09 01:09 AM
    Ok I think I have a problem... Just put in a Tmobile sim and it shows tmobile and edge on my srceen. But when I try to make a call it will not go thru. I keep getting a message that says.. No circuit channel available.. What does that mean?
    07-27-09 01:13 AM
    Will the tour find other networks if it is locked? If i go to manual and search, then it picks up att and tmobile, but i dont have sims to test with. Does that mean its unlocked, or will it find them even if locked?
    someone mentioned needing two codes, but never elaborated on it..
    and mine says network inactive

I believe your tour is fully unlocked because it says network inactive.

GC
    07-27-09 01:18 AM
    Ok I think I have a problem... Just put in a Tmobile sim and it shows tmobile and edge on my srceen. But when I try to make a call it will not go thru. I keep getting a message that says.. No circuit channel available.. What does that mean?
    I've read other people posting that they get this message with Tmobile and with ATT they get some type of congestion message, and also cannot make any calls.

I think, and I speculate, that this is what Sprint means when they say that the phone is "unlocked" for international use only. Domestically, the gsm won't work like a normal phone. Of course the most likely reason is that we are Sprint customers and they do not want us to use any other network, even if there is no sprint coverage...they say you can use roaming...yeah at what cost???!!! On the other hand, I've read that other people have been successful with using the gsm networks with voice and text. I don't know how true those statements are or not.

I think you can rest assure that your phone is truly unlocked at least internationally and you should have no problem with your upcoming trip, but do get back to us and let us know for sure.

Thanks for the update.

GC
    07-27-09 01:26 AM
    I hadn't thought of prepaid BIS thru Digicel.. But if I can get it, I will. If it works I'll be posting here from my phone sometime on Tuesday. It will be too late when I get there tomorrow night.. But I will be at a Digicel store asap on Tuesday morning.
    Saw on Digicel Jamaica page. They have 7, 14 and 30 day options cheap compared to Sprint/Verizon. So far I've called Verizon and Sprint about unlocking and using Tour or any world phone overseas. Both really push their international roaming options and make it difficult to get information on unlocking and using prepaid options. Don't know what I would do without Crackberry. This site has saved me $$$ and a lot of time. Thanks to all.
    07-27-09 01:29 PM
    No need to payout cash when it was yours for free.

Just call up Sprint International Desk at 817-698-4199 Option 3 and request your unlock code. All they'll do is verify that you are a Sprint Account Holder with a registered Tour and you will get your unlock code at no charge.

(And no, this does not void any type of warranty.)

"How to enter Unlock Code"

1) OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / SIM CARD
    2) type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    3) enter your unlock code
    4) battery pull and that's all.
    HEY JUST DID WHAT YOU SAID AND MY SPRINT AGENT UNLOCKED ME WITH NO PROBLEM!!!!!!! LOVE SPRINT AND MY TOUR......... SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT'EM I'm LOYAL TO THE END..... CHECK OUT MY TOUR IN THE CUSTOM KEYPAD COLOR TOUR!!!! I STARTED THE THREAD. AGAIN THANKS...........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 05:52 PM
    SUCCESS! But tried a TMobile SIM and it said something like no available channel or something like that. Att worked fine.
    07-27-09 09:25 PM
    AlwaysLostSometimes can i use a nextel sim card # because i dont have any other sim card. does that phone have to be active with the sim?
    07-27-09 10:12 PM
    HEY JUST DID WHAT YOU SAID AND MY SPRINT AGENT UNLOCKED ME WITH NO PROBLEM!!!!!!! LOVE SPRINT AND MY TOUR......... SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT'EM I'm LOYAL TO THE END..... CHECK OUT MY TOUR IN THE CUSTOM KEYPAD COLOR TOUR!!!! I STARTED THE THREAD. AGAIN THANKS...........

did you have to have another sim in the phone or did you have the same sim that the phone came with? need help with understand that part.
    07-27-09 10:14 PM
    never mind i got mit unlocked with the factory sim inside
    07-27-09 11:38 PM
    I still cant make calls with tmobile sim after unlocking and changing settings. Any ideas??

This really sucks!
    07-28-09 01:21 AM
    I can't get my replacement unlocked due to me being a customer less than 2 weeks. Though I got my first one unlocked last week no problem. I guess I will have to use the services of cellunlock.net .
    07-28-09 02:07 AM
    did you have to have another sim in the phone or did you have the same sim that the phone came with? need help with understand that part.
    no I didn't I simply turned the radio off and followed the instructions and after everything it said I used the correct code and that was that. Haven't had the chance to use another sim yet....... But will post when I do!!!!!!

07-28-09 09:27 AM
    Mine says the same thing and sprint keeps telling me the phone is unlocked. However, if you see a few posts above, when a person enters the unlocked code into their Sprint Tour, the Network catagory changes to Inactive, from active.

Even if ours says Active, it may still be unlocked and will only utilize a gsm network in a foreign country. I speculate that when RIM sent the first batch of Sprint Tours locked, the unlock code they gave to Sprint and then to the end users were unlock codes to fully unlock the phone, where the user can utilize domestic and foreign gsm networks and sim cards.

The reason why sprint thinks our phones are unlocked is that according to their lists, our phone MEID's don't show up and therefore there isn't an unlock code. Basically RIM is saying to Sprint if the MEID isn't listed, RIM manufactured and set those Tours as unlocked straight from the factory, even though the Network catagory says Active.

I could be completely wrong, but this seems to me the only difference that will allow us to see if our phones are truly fully unlocked prior to trying it out in a foreign country.

I hope this helps.

GC
    Hey I unlocked mine and it says network inactive and everything else disabled!!!!!!!

07-28-09 09:44 AM
    for those of you having problems making calls on fully unlocked tours, you need to call the same number and request to enable your tour for use with your own simcard!
    sometimes they only unlock the phone for international use but you can request to enable your own simcard.
    trust me, it works fine.
    I'm using mine on both sprint and ATT
    07-28-09 10:11 AM
    i didnt request anything additional such as "enabling my sim", after unlocking my tour i put in a tmobile sim card and it worked fine off the bat. i called my sprint number (straight to voicemail since i was on gsm) and left a message. then after switching back to cdma i had a nice message from myself, from a different number.

bat phone activate! lol
    07-28-09 10:42 AM
    I think I screw up!! ICS told me to put the T-Mobile card in and then unlock the phone, I put the code so many time that now the sim card reads invalid!!!!!!! oh boy~
    07-28-09 12:10 PM
    Verizon did the same for my Storm and Tour
    07-28-09 12:13 PM
    I was just told by ICS that you can unlock your sim card X amount of times, after that you are done... just like that... so be careful, when you enter the unlock code, on the top of the little window you can read how many times you have left. Getting a new Tour tonight... LOL
    07-28-09 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the info. Just unlocked my phone. The Sprint rep was very helpful.
    07-28-09 02:21 PM
    Man i just found this thread and within 10 minutes i had my code. Good looking author.
    07-28-09 10:32 PM
    I have a question and hopefully someone can share their experience. I unlocked my tour without a problem with the help of a Sprint International agent.

Everything looks as if I did it right. But today I inserted a T-mobile SIM card just to test it out. I changed the network to GSM and the Network technology to 2G.

THe phone recognized the SIM card without any problems, but it didnt allow to make or receive calls (i got an error message that I forgot what it said, something like unable to make network connection

has anyone tested their unlocked tours with other SIM cards to make sure it works?
    07-28-09 10:52 PM
    Saw on Digicel Jamaica page. They have 7, 14 and 30 day options cheap compared to Sprint/Verizon. So far I've called Verizon and Sprint about unlocking and using Tour or any world phone overseas. Both really push their international roaming options and make it difficult to get information on unlocking and using prepaid options. Don't know what I would do without Crackberry. This site has saved me $$$ and a lot of time. Thanks to all.
    I went and got a Digicel Sim card.. It works I am able to make calls as well as send text messages... I am unable to use the internet right now because when I try to register my phone it says... Unable to activate because phone is incompatiable. If you have a Blackberry call CS.. Well I tried calling them and they had me one hold for 1 hr any other time that would not have been a problem to hold on but... I forgot my charger at home

So now I am in Trinidad with an unlocked phone and a dead battery!! I will be going out today to find one that works with the Tour.. I bought one yesterday... It's shows that its charging.. But it never did, after 4 hrs it is still dead!!

So for now all I can verify is that the phone is unlocked and that I can make and receive calls as well as Text. Hopefully I'll be able to confirm BIS later on this evening.
    07-29-09 09:56 AM
272 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD