11-07-10 01:09 PM
272 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Thanks to the op for this... didnt really need to unlock my phone... but since i can why not!!!! took a total of 5 minutes... not counting the reboot time... but thats a different story for a different day
    07-24-09 08:26 PM
    Go to options - mobile network - and switch 1XEV to GSM
    Edit: I see that people already answered this, guess I shouldn't be posting on 1x lol
    Ok, my phone without me touching anything was set to Global not 1XEV. Should I put it back to Global or should I have had it on 1XEV all along?
    07-24-09 08:30 PM
    Well they gave me an unlock code... but when I search, all it says is Sprint PCS 2G. Do I need to pop in a different seem to see other networks?

Nevermind. AT&T and T-Mumble show up now.
    Last edited by Ethrem; 07-24-09 at 08:49 PM.
    07-24-09 08:44 PM
    great. called again and got a guy and he immediately proceeded to help. but.. GASP! we got disconnected... my power tripped and the cordless phone lost the connection.. so i called back... get a lady... she takes forever but finally gets the number.. great thing is.. the guy called my tour number back and left a messages with the UNLOCK CODE!!! haaha so i had it verified twice! once by her over the phone and his voicemail! thanks OP for the help and also the followup info!!! worked like a charm!!!!!! yeah i dont really need it but if its there to use, ill use it!
    07-24-09 08:56 PM
    Any new customer get a unlock? I am on hold trying to get one right now! I would love at sprint - t-mobile hybrid phone!!!

Thanks
    07-24-09 09:13 PM
    I think I'll now pick up a T-Mumble prepaid 100 dollar 1000 minutes for a year SIM for those times Sprint's signal sucks...
    07-24-09 09:27 PM
    I had mine unlocked today by Sprint International Services. The rep I spoke to said that it was a big hoo-ha going on because the phones were actually supposed to already be unlocked and that for some reason Blackberry locked them hence why they are giving out the unlock codes with absolutely no resistance. I'm sure that as time goes by, the phones Sprint give to us will already be unlocked.
    07-24-09 09:35 PM
    hrm im getting a no circuit channel available? what does that mean?
    I got this same message. I am getting a new phone Monday or Tuesday though so it isn't a big deal Although Sprint somehow managed to botch the shipping address. Maybe another phone will work as some of yours did, with better results than my first go around. I have a couple of questions for those of you who did successfully get the phone unlocked, though.

Did you use Sprint's or a 3rd parties code?

Also, did you unlock with the Sprint card in it or another card (tmob, att, etc.)?
    07-24-09 10:01 PM
    So.........with an unlocked phone, I can purchase a sim card when I am in England and use this card for services. Additionally, if I understand correctly, with an unlocked phone, I can also drop sprint and go to say at&t and still use my phone with their sim care in it? Sorry for beating a dead horse but I just wanted to know if I understood correctly. Thanks in advance.
    07-25-09 08:10 AM
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but not all Tours need the unlock code. I just called the number given here, and the guy said that 50,000 tours shipped without the unlock code, but the rest have it. He asked for some info on my account, and confirmed that my Tour already shipped unlocked. I then proceeded to have him activate the Sprint sim card for international roaming so it is ready when needed.
    07-25-09 10:56 AM
    Verizons phone isnt unlocked from what i understand. Its a sprint thing. I know for a fact that the 8830 was unlocked for sprint but locked for verizon. Same process, call the international helpdesk and get the code
    07-25-09 11:09 AM
    Hey Guys, i hope this isn't a redundant question. But i just unlocked my BB tour succesfully.. I inserted my coworkers Tmobile sim card in it.. I changed the Mobile Network to GSM3G/2G.. However, it still doesn't find it. But, his cell number and info is under the SIM info..

I was wondering do i need to turn the radio back on or leave it off?
    07-25-09 01:29 PM
    Hey Guys, i hope this isn't a redundant question. But i just unlocked my BB tour succesfully.. I inserted my coworkers Tmobile sim card in it.. I changed the Mobile Network to GSM3G/2G.. However, it still doesn't find it. But, his cell number and info is under the SIM info..

I was wondering do i need to turn the radio back on or leave it off?
    you gotta turn the radio back on... thats what gets the signal.
    07-25-09 01:38 PM
    you gotta turn the radio back on... thats what gets the signal.
    Oh I thought if i did, it will start using Sprints network instead of the GSM. Make sense now.. I guess because its set to GSM, the sprint network wouldn't work.. Duh!!!.. i'm soo stupid.. lmao
    07-25-09 01:41 PM
    Is there a way to find out if your phone is unlocked without just installing a sim card from att or tmobile and checking??? Is there a setting somewhere that can be checked without having to call CS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 02:37 PM
    Unlocked both my wife's and my tour this morning since we plan on heading to Europe in a couple of months. The CSR at Sprint was very helpful and actually walked me through the process. Thanks for posting this!
    07-25-09 02:44 PM
    I have been with Sprint for 24 Hrs and they are unlocking it right now!! Way to go Sprint! Verizon take note.
    07-25-09 02:53 PM
    Thanks! that was very quick and easy.
    07-25-09 06:15 PM
    There are actually 2 unlock modes for Sprint. The first one is calling the International Desk and having them unlock it for International Roaming. The second unlock, which is the one you need the code for, will allow you to use a foreign SIM in it overseas, as well as in the states. I don't think the average user will know to ask for the later unlock as they don't advertise it. Sprint wants you to use their roaming partners while overseas instead of a local SIM.
    07-25-09 07:45 PM
    When I called, I was notified that a certain number of the Tours shiipped needing lock codes, and that mine was not on the list. So sure enough, I turned on GSM and the ATT network popped up immediately.
    07-25-09 08:45 PM
    No need to payout cash when it was yours for free.

Just call up Sprint International Desk at 817-698-4199 Option 3 and request your unlock code. All they'll do is verify that you are a Sprint Account Holder with a registered Tour and you will get your unlock code at no charge.

(And no, this does not void any type of warranty.)

"How to enter Unlock Code"

1) OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / SIM CARD
    2) type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    3) enter your unlock code
    4) battery pull and that's all.
    Thx AlwaysLostSometimes
    07-26-09 12:49 AM
    That's the easiest way to find out. Try searching for a GSM Network and AT&T should come up along side with T-Mobile
    So I'm trying to test if mine is unlocked already by changing my setting to "GSM/UMTS" and "3B & 2G" in the network settings.

The result: I'm seeing T-Mobile for the "Mobile Network" but I get an "SOS" for the reception.

Is my phone already unlocked? I don't have another carrier's SIM card to test. Thanks!!!
    07-26-09 01:46 AM
    I noticed mine did the same thing yesterday without me unlocking it, I am guessing this means it was shipped unlocked.
    07-26-09 02:39 AM
    No need to payout cash when it was yours for free.

Just call up Sprint International Desk at 817-698-4199 Option 3 and request your unlock code. All they'll do is verify that you are a Sprint Account Holder with a registered Tour and you will get your unlock code at no charge.

(And no, this does not void any type of warranty.)

"How to enter Unlock Code"

1) OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / SIM CARD
    2) type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    3) enter your unlock code
    4) battery pull and that's all.
    Thank you, this worked and they were extremely helpful!!!!
    07-26-09 08:31 AM
    Thanks for sharing this info OP. I don't have my Tour yet, but this is really nice to know.
    07-26-09 10:57 AM
272 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD