11-07-10 12:09 PM
272 1234 ...
tools
    Okay...I don't mean to sound like a ******. I followed all the instructions and just finished booting up. My question is: How do I know that my phone is unlocked? Is the only way to find out to put in a ATT or T-Mobile SIM card?
    That's the easiest way to find out. Try searching for a GSM Network and AT&T should come up along side with T-Mobile
    07-24-09 09:25 AM
    also, before my phone was unlocked, it'll say invalid SIM after I inserted an ATT sim, after its unlocked, it should no longer have that message at the top. Thanks AlwaysLost, this was great info, much appreciated.
    07-24-09 09:29 AM
    Go into

1) OPTIONS / MOBILE NETWORK
    2) set to MANUAL
    3) GSM/UMTS
    4) 3G and 2G
    07-24-09 09:30 AM
    also, before my phone was unlocked, it'll say invalid SIM after I inserted an ATT sim, after its unlocked, it should no longer have that message at the top. Thanks AlwaysLost, this was great info, much appreciated.
    Seriously, I'm just glad to help. I saw too many threads about people trying to sell the SIM Codes. I hate people who try to make a profit off of something that someone is offering entirely free.
    07-24-09 09:31 AM
    Go to options - mobile network - and switch 1XEV to GSM
    Edit: I see that people already answered this, guess I shouldn't be posting on 1x lol
    07-24-09 09:31 AM
    All you'll have to do is just put in the SIM Card and it'll do everything on it's own.
    07-24-09 09:34 AM
    awesome haha after 3 calls i got it! sweet!
    07-24-09 09:37 AM
    awesome haha after 3 calls i got it! sweet!
    Good. Sometimes it just takes patience.
    07-24-09 09:38 AM
    This may be a stupid question but I'm new to the world of Blackberry, and don't how how I lived without one now to be honest . I have the Verizon Tour, anyone know if they will provide an unlock code or do they stick to their normal business practices of forcing you onto vodafones network? If they do force you to stay on Vodafone is it at a discounted rate since they're partners or is it still around 1.29/minute?
    07-24-09 09:42 AM
    This may be a stupid question but I'm new to the world of Blackberry, and don't how how I lived without one now to be honest . I have the Verizon Tour, anyone know if they will provide an unlock code or do they stick to their normal business practices of forcing you onto vodafones network? If they do force you to stay on Vodafone is it at a discounted rate since they're partners or is it still around 1.29/minute?
    It's still $1.29 a minute. But I'm not sure if Verizon is giving out Unlock Codes. Easiest way to find out is to call before you buy it.
    07-24-09 09:44 AM
    wow my phone is taking forever to restart after this lol
    07-24-09 09:45 AM
    I was also told in order to unlock the phone, ill have to buy a temporary SIM....she still gave me the lock code; however, is this step really necessary, or can I just go ahead and unlock it with the sprint sim card in there?
    07-24-09 10:02 AM
    I was also told in order to unlock the phone, ill have to buy a temporary SIM....she still gave me the lock code; however, is this step really necessary, or can I just go ahead and unlock it with the sprint sim card in there?
    You can unlock it with the Sprint SIM Card in there.
    07-24-09 10:04 AM
    That's with someone spamming the forums to get cash. But my theory is Why pay $90. or $60. (Whichever they want to charge) when you can get it for FREE!!! I'll spend that money on something else. Maybe apps, or skins when they become available. Or just keep that money in my pocket. Nothing is better than FREE!!! and after all Sprint knew we'd be asking for them. So they went and did us a favor and got them.

Good on you Sprint.
    No one is SPAMMING, if you take to read the post, we clearly inform Sprint users that they can get the code for free, by calling Sprint.

Where we come in handy is for those who have a Sprint Tour that needs to be unlocked but are not a Sprint Customer. Sprint will not give them the code free
    07-24-09 10:12 AM
    No one is SPAMMING, if you take to read the post, we clearly inform Sprint users that they can get the code for free, by calling Sprint.

Where we come in handy is for those who have a Sprint Tour that needs to be unlocked but are not a Sprint Customer. Sprint will not give them the code free
    I agree. 3rd parties that provide unlock codes for a fee ARE useful depending on your situation. Remember, it isn't all about Sprint and VZW. There are times where the carrier refuse to provide a code for whatever reason, whether it'd be CDMA or GSM since they'd want you to roam internationally and pay a hefty fee. In this case, there are GSM users that want to buy the Tour and use it on GSM and neither Sprint nor VZW will provide code to non customers.

Nothing wrong with making a profit so long as the end users are fully informed.
    07-24-09 10:22 AM

I apologize for then over-reacting. There is a gentleman who is looking for an unlock code from Telus. I'm not sure if you provide for Telus, but I know he didn't even want to call CS to find out if they are giving it.

Here's where he last posted...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/un...-telus-276110/
    07-24-09 10:27 AM
    I apologize for then over-reacting. There is a gentleman who is looking for an unlock code from Telus. I'm not sure if you provide for Telus, but I know he didn't even want to call CS to find out if they are giving it.

Here's where he last posted...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/un...-telus-276110/
    Hi
    Not a problem, we totally agree that customers need to know that they can it for free if they are current customer.

Telus? oohhh that's a different game lol, Canadian Carriers will in no way give you the unlock codes lol, not even Rogers. As a matter of fact sad to say but Telus doesn't even have the unlock codes in their system.
    07-24-09 10:30 AM
    Hi
    Not a problem, we totally agree that customers need to know that they can it for free if they are current customer.

Telus? oohhh that's a different game lol, Canadian Carriers will in no way give you the unlock codes lol, not even Rogers. As a matter of fact sad to say but Telus doesn't even have the unlock codes in their system.
    So in his case, would it be better for him to buy a Sprint or Verizon Tour get the unlock key from you guys then take it back up to Telus? Would that work for him? I'll post it up on his OP.
    07-24-09 10:33 AM
    So in his case, would it be better for him to buy a Sprint or Verizon Tour get the unlock key from you guys then take it back up to Telus? Would that work for him? I'll post it up on his OP.
    Not even, Telus will not activate an ESN that has been sold by them . His only option would be to pay for the unlock code from us or any other reputable unlocker.
    07-24-09 10:35 AM
    How many digits is your code mine is 17 digits and it says field full...help please
    07-24-09 10:36 AM
    How many digits is your code mine is 17 digits and it says field full...help please
    All 3 of mine are 16 digits. You might have copied something wrong somewhere.
    07-24-09 10:39 AM
    Not even, Telus will not activate an ESN that has been sold by them . His only option would be to pay for the unlock code from us or any other reputable unlocker.
    Well, he has your info now. Let's see if he uses it.
    07-24-09 10:41 AM
    Well, he has your info now. Let's see if he uses it.
    Thanks! If you ever have unlocking questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
    07-24-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks! If you ever have unlocking questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
    Will do. And thank you for the knowledge. One other question: You all don't sell Unlocked Phones do you? If someone ever ask's in the future I'll know how to answer.
    07-24-09 10:47 AM
    Will do. And thank you for the knowledge. One other question: You all don't sell Unlocked Phones do you? If someone ever ask's in the future I'll know how to answer.
    Hi
    Sometimes we do, like this week we had Unlocked Verizon Tours for sale.
    07-24-09 10:56 AM
272 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD