11-07-10 12:09 PM
272 ... 891011
tools
    I don't need to do anything on my BB while I'm on the phone with CS do I? I wanna do this while on break at work and I only have my BB to make calls with.
    Not really, they will give you the code over the phone and then you can unlock your phone after you're done with them.
    08-13-09 12:14 PM
    so basically u dont need the sim card in to use the phone?
    08-13-09 12:16 PM
    so basically u dont need the sim card in to use the phone?
    Only when using it on GSM, yes you will. But if you go back to CDMA no you don't because the SIM card they gave you is only for Roaming.

Basically the way it works, is that a CDMA lines like Verizon/Sprint/Bell/Telus are attached to the phone using the ESN of the phone.

GSM lines like AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers etc... are attached to the SIM card.
    08-13-09 12:17 PM
    Not really, they will give you the code over the phone and then you can unlock your phone after you're done with them.
    Thanks for the info!!
    08-13-09 12:18 PM
    Only when using it on GSM, yes you will. But if you go back to CDMA no you don't because the SIM card they gave you is only for Roaming.

Basically the way it works, is that a CDMA lines like Verizon/Sprint/Bell/Telus are attached to the phone using the ESN of the phone.

thanks man im waiting for the 15 min reboot now lol
    08-13-09 12:24 PM
    thanks man im waiting for the 15 min reboot now lol
    Ain't that the truth.....lol
    08-13-09 12:30 PM

my last question is where are the themes
    08-13-09 12:34 PM
    When you are using GSM sim card you need to change the mobile network technology setting to GSM/UMTS, then change back to Global when using CDMA side of phone.
    08-13-09 12:34 PM
    my last question is where are the themes
    This should help BlackBerry Tour 9630 Themes Now Officially Available | CrackBerry.com
    08-13-09 12:37 PM
    When you are using GSM sim card you need to change the mobile network technology setting to GSM/UMTS, then change back to Global when using CDMA side of phone.

well i didnt even put it on global i jus put it on 1xev and its working fine
    08-13-09 12:40 PM

wait u gotta pay for these ****s are u kidding me!!!
    08-13-09 12:58 PM
    wait u gotta pay for these ****s are u kidding me!!!
    Hehe...you can find some free ones if you look around.
    08-13-09 01:19 PM
    Got mine, it was simple 1-2-3. Congrates Sprint lol.
    08-13-09 01:48 PM
    Just got my Tour unlocked, took a total of 5 minutes!!
    08-13-09 01:53 PM
    i have a blackberry tour for sprint and im using it on tmobile the browser dont work and it say activation require at the top i tried the service book registery and nothin
    08-13-09 08:45 PM
    t mobile is coming out with the bb 9700 soon...why don't you just wait for that rather than have a crippled phone?
    08-15-09 09:53 AM
    t mobile is coming out with the bb 9700 soon...why don't you just wait for that rather than have a crippled phone?
    I agree but it would be nice for me to carry one phone on & Sprint/Tmobile so when i leave the office switch to sprint and when I go in switch to Tmobile, not to mention that would be killer coverage.
    08-15-09 10:00 AM
    I called to do this, and mine was already unlocked.

Stupid question, but what are the advantages of it being unlocked other than traveling outside the US if anything?
    08-15-09 01:56 PM
    Finally got around to calling on mine. 5 minutes, no hassle they gave me the code and unlocked easily.....
    08-17-09 03:27 PM
    If I call up the international service for Verizon, is it also free to get an unlock code? Does this void the warranty for Verizon since they aren't supposed to come unlocked when sold?

i'm sorry if this was already answered, but I looked through the posts and didn't see anything about this for verizon phones.
    08-18-09 12:27 AM
    I called to do this, and mine was already unlocked.

Stupid question, but what are the advantages of it being unlocked other than traveling outside the US if anything?
    Mine was already unlocked as well. Interesting...
    08-18-09 07:52 AM
    If I call up the international service for Verizon, is it also free to get an unlock code? Does this void the warranty for Verizon since they aren't supposed to come unlocked when sold?

i'm sorry if this was already answered, but I looked through the posts and didn't see anything about this for verizon phones.
    Yes, they should give you the code if you have an account with them for over 60 days in good standing.

Unlocking your phone by code does not void the warranty.
    08-18-09 09:29 AM
    This may be a dumb question, but once you enter the unlock code and unlock the phone, Will it stay unlocked through reboots/battery pulls or will you have to enter the unlock code ever again?

Want to know if I need to carve this number into my desk or put the paper away for future reference.

Thanks
    08-18-09 11:14 AM
    Just got my Tour unlocked, took a total of 5 minutes!!
    Same here, I was on hold longer then it took to get my code.
    08-18-09 11:15 AM
    im using tmobile and i followed the instruction, i called the sprint and try to get the unlock code but then they asked for my phone number and i gave them my tmobile number and the homegirl said i need to be a sprint user to get the unlock code...

does anyone nonsprint user get the unlock code through sprint?? if yes, i really need your help how to do it...

thanks......
    08-18-09 11:03 PM
272 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD