07-11-11 01:03 PM
119 ... 2345
tools
    I am not able to get a metro pcs store to add my eisn# every store I go into says they will not add my bb8330 to there system. No metro flash or nothing......Can some one here add my eisn's to metro pcs.
    01-17-10 04:32 AM
    I am not able to get a metro pcs store to add my eisn# every store I go into says they will not add my bb8330 to there system. No metro flash or nothing......Can some one here add my eisn's to metro pcs.
    Have you tried a dealer? Or ever consider Cricket? I know they don't care who's phone it is.
    01-17-10 12:54 PM
    Have you tried a dealer? Or ever consider Cricket? I know they don't care who's phone it is.
    I got my bb flashed full today. Web stopped working already but it is flashed to metropcs.....yea
    How do I check the settings and web?
    100.00 for something that might not be working in a few hours.......Battery seems to drain much faster also.....With metro and a full flash people are getting what services?
    MMS
    SMS
    Some Kind of Mail
    Web
    Yahoo msg
    Facebook
    GPS

I think these are what everyone is getting to work? Right?
    01-19-10 01:44 AM
    Did I mention that I went to 19 metro dealers in Atlanta and not one of them would flash a blackberry for me or even add it to there network. They offer metro flash but only if you got your phone from Fred Flint stone some time in B.C. Though every one of the dealers were more than glad to point out that they could sell me what I all ready had. I can confirm that they are not allowing bb onto there net work unless they are from metropcs. Just makes people pay 100.00 for a service that is 7.00 wholesale. The FCC should make them remove there adds that say bring in your current providers phone and we will flash it for you. Should read bring in you non current 13 lb cell phone and we will try to figure out how to use a program with our current 386 1986 thin pad, Please fill in your scan tron with a magic marker so our strung out sales rep can see your selection - if you seem to know more than our rep we have informed them to pretend you are not there and to seek cover with the next group of 50 that just came in. Please be aware MetroPCS is mostly used by felons and dealers so CDMA phones are not what we do! They could see CDMA phones as confusing and hard to use. Plus who need GPS or 911 now days.....lol Thank you for stopping in and come back when you would like to downgrade or we can have your first born!
    Some of the reps I talked to should not be allowed to talk. I had never knew you could have a 10 min covo wit uuhhh - what----yea----uhhhh---flash what---uh---what model-----uh----did you try the other metro store---I do not know there phone---uh----here check this out it is just like yours and only 500.00 plus bla...bla...bla....bla..
    01-19-10 03:18 AM
    Ok, I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here but I amsure they will let me know if it is not ok.... I was doing a lot of looking for how to stuff for the bb and came across this....I will try it this week end and let you know how it worked....This was buy a user called qvivaelvalle
    09-09-2009, 05:48
    Do The Following Steps:

How to Flash a Sprint/Verizon Blackberry 8330 to Metro PCS. (Miami, Fl)
    - What do You Need?

* Qualcomm XDM 2.08 (QXDM 2.08)

* Blackberry Desktop Manager (I'm Using Version 4.7 With Media Manager)

* Metro PCS PRL (The Latest One)

* USB Data Cable (The one that comes with your phone)

1. Download The Latest Metro Pcs PRL (Hint: Corolada PRL Page) and Save It to The C:\ Drive (Ex: C\:thenameofyourprl.Prl)

2. Install The Blackberry Desktop Manager and let it Recognizes your Phone.

3. Open QXDM 2.08 ( Leave The Blackberry Destop Manager Open)

* Go to Communication(under one of the menu) and choose the Comport that your Phone is Connected on.

* Ensure VIEW is set to COMMAND OUTPUT.

a. mode offline-d (Press Enter.)

b. spc "000000" (Press Enter) (Guessing that your SPC is 000000)

c. nv_write sec_code {"000000"} (Press Enter.)
    To Reset your SPC to 000000 (this is for Sprint or Any Other Phone that the SPC are not 0)

d. pr_list_wr 0 "C:\thenameofyourprl.prl" (Press Enter.)
    To Upload Your Metro PCS PRL to Your Phone.

e. mode reset (Press Enter and Your Phone will Reboot Automatically)

4. To Reprogram Your Cellphone NAM.

- Dial ##000000 + Send

Mobile Directory Number: Your Phone #

IMSI_S: Your Phone # or Metro will give you one.

Mobile Country Code: 310

Mobile Network Code: 27

Home SID: 6503

Home NID: 65535

M0 Voice S0 Home: 3

M0 Voice S0 Roam: 32768

MT Voice S0 Home: 3

Blackberry Registration Id: 2004

Note: Leave it Last.
    To edit your Blackberry Registration ID, you must press Menu-->Edit BB Reg Id-->Enter New BB Reg ID: 2004--> Menu--> Save.
    your Phone will reboot automatically.

Home System Registration: True

Foreign SID Registration: True

Foreign NID Registration: True

A-Key

MIP User ID: Your Phone Number@mymetropcs.com

Reverse Tunneling Support: True

Home Address: 0.0.0.0

Primary HA Address: 68.28.15.12

Secondary HA Addres: 68.28.31.12

User Profile Index: 1

DMU MN Auth: 13775536

5. Unplug your phone and you are all set. you just need to add your ESN to Metro PCS inventory.

* Make sure Network Selection Mode is set to Home Only.
    Now how do we set this up for Georgia? They were saying the the bb reg id needs to be changed so does the voice roam otherwise it will not work.
    Then the man him self said "tonycortes
    23-09-2009, 00:18
    it will work, some markets have particular issues.. mainly ATLANTA. so it's best to use whatever is relevant for your MARKET (REG ID, HOME SID)...
    Is this a better option than CDMA or is CDMA still the best way to go...
    1. Can some one help change this guide to Atlanta Area?
    2. Can some one help with a guide for CDMA that is better than this and PM me....
    Please let me know if I am ok to post stuff like this here?
    Thanks guys.......
    justforyousf likes this.
    01-20-10 10:01 AM
    Sounds about right, some of that info you should be able to get from your local metro pcs stores.
    01-20-10 12:14 PM
    So...
    It is possible to change a phone from Sprint to MetroPCS ???
    And if is how you do it ?
    02-05-10 10:24 AM
    A BlackBerry not so much because they will no longer activate them unless it's one of their own.
    02-05-10 11:29 AM
    And even if they do, you will not be able to get BBM and will have to retrieve emails from Browser and not native email app.
    02-05-10 12:09 PM
    And even if they do, you will not be able to get BBM and will have to retrieve emails from Browser and not native email app.
    I bought a Blackberry Tour from Verizon which i was planning on flashing to use with Metro. I was okay with no BBM since i've never had it so isnt something i will miss but didnt know that the built in email client wouldnt work either. That really blows!
    I'm assusming there isnt a work around that either?
    02-12-10 09:20 AM
    The built in email client runs of a BlackBerry Data Plan, if your carrier doesn't offer that service than no it will not work.
    02-12-10 11:34 AM
    I bought a Blackberry Tour from Verizon which i was planning on flashing to use with Metro. I was okay with no BBM since i've never had it so isnt something i will miss but didnt know that the built in email client wouldnt work either. That really blows!
    I'm assusming there isnt a work around that either?
    No there isn't
    02-12-10 11:41 AM
    Wow what a bad purchase i made LOL and it keeps getting worse. I just found out that any app that requires data connection will not run either (faceboo, etc)... what a bad one
    02-12-10 12:26 PM
    Yup they need the BlackBerry Data Plan unless they can work off your tcp settings.
    02-12-10 12:28 PM
    And obviously, MetroPCS is not willing to add non-Metro BBs to their service. Sucks cause now i have a very nice BB yet cant use the main features LOL
    I know the Metro Curve will be the solution for someone wanting to stick with Metro but at $350 when you can get a way better device for less i def dont like that idea... oh well
    Thank you guys for confirming this for me
    02-12-10 02:51 PM
    No problem sorry.
    02-12-10 02:52 PM
    And obviously, MetroPCS is not willing to add non-Metro BBs to their service. Sucks cause now i have a very nice BB yet cant use the main features LOL
    I know the Metro Curve will be the solution for someone wanting to stick with Metro but at $350 when you can get a way better device for less i def dont like that idea... oh well
    Thank you guys for confirming this for me
    Unfortunately that is the only option to benefit from all features a Blackberry has to offer on Metro PCS
    02-12-10 07:26 PM
    YES YOU CAN flash your blackberry curve to Metro PCS. I programed it and now I have unlimited calling, unlimited texting and unlimited data usage. I have this service for a few of the Metro PCS dealers and they all send me there phones to flash. Email me for details. I GUARANTY YOUR PHONE WILL WORK!
    Hey there, with your flash; however, people still cant use BBM or any apps needing to access the web, is that correct? I was told that that sprint/verizon devices can be put on Metro; however, web/data will only work thru the browser. (meaning the built in email client wont work... users need to check their email by accessing their page thru the browser) and bbm or apps like facebook wont work either.

Is this the same service you provide?
    02-13-10 01:33 AM
    Is this a programming issue or Metro not wanting "non-metro BBs" on their network? (in which case that doesnt make sense if they're gaining a customer willing to pay for their BB plan)...
    02-13-10 01:36 AM
    It's a programming issue but no one has been able to get the native email to work yet once flashed.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 01:40 AM
    Cellunlocknet,

Got you, well that explains it. Hopefully this is something that can be worked on in the future. I'd like to still hope that i'll be able to get most of the features taht this new BB i bought offers LOL

BTW, I have a question for you which is non-bb related. do you mind if i PM you?
    02-13-10 01:46 AM
    Metro PCS has allotted amount of space they want on their database in order to maintain the pricing on devices and plans they only allow a certain amount of devices in their database.
    02-13-10 12:30 PM
    Thats why most of the people I know here in South Florida who tried them call them Metro Piece if Shxt
    02-13-10 12:39 PM
    New company emerging sort of same thing but GSM based is called SimpleMobile
    02-13-10 03:43 PM
    Seriously? will have to give them a try...so I can carry 5 phones lol
    02-14-10 01:02 AM
119 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD