If metropcs is a gsm provider this phone will not work as the 8830 is locked to international gsm frequencies only and does not have the capability to work on domestic one with or without a lock code. Also the MSL is a code simply used for programming your cell number and mobile system ID CDMA phones from carriers like sprint and verizon cannot cross to other carriers cause the necessary information is hardcoded in a chip on the board this is why a sim card is not required for operation domestically. Carriers like at&t and tmobile use gsm phones and the carrier information is stored on the sim card not a hardcoded chip. Gsm phones are net locked by a puk code that when entered removes the network restriction so u can use another carriers sim card in that phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The 8830 is not GSM. And all you have to do is get the MSL and flash it with a clean OS. Then once you program you info it will pull everything down from their network.

11-09-09 10:57 PM
    I just payed 80 dollars to have my sprint BB curve 8330 flashed to Metro PCS. Every thing works fine from what I can tell however, I can't download BB App World from my browser gives me an error "http error 500 internal service error" so Im trying to just manually install apps on my BB through DM however i came across two problems. One, It is telling me i have updates for a whole mess of apps but im afraid to update because what if it removes my flash? Also, I have no idea how to download apps on the pc and put them in im a newb I also don't have @ metro is there anyway I can get that?
    11-15-09 09:43 AM
    They should not overwrite your flash. Loading them via desktop manager is easy if you have the cod and alx files. Just click application loader and select the apps you want to install.
    11-15-09 11:57 AM
    Not overwriting the flash but having to reconnect it is my fear I dont want to loose 80 dollars (Ok so I updated and well my phone and txt work but I lost my browser and sending/receiving picture meassages I have no idea how to get it back)So now im pissed
    Last edited by metalmail13; 11-15-09 at 10:36 PM.
    11-15-09 01:15 PM
    i wish metro was a nationwide provider i would switch
    11-18-09 03:37 PM
    could you please send me the info. assign123@yahoo.com. thanks
    YES YOU CAN flash your blackberry curve to Metro PCS. I programed it and now I have unlimited calling, unlimited texting and unlimited data usage. I have this service for a few of the Metro PCS dealers and they all send me there phones to flash. Email me for details. I GUARANTY YOUR PHONE WILL WORK!
    11-18-09 05:38 PM
    i have a blackberry cureve flashed to metro pcs. the internet works but it is limited. can i get some help syntax. how do you get unlimited data? which is what im missing plus this wap browser i have is crap. i cant get viigo or google maps or gps to work. if anybody else needs the service books i can send it to you for what i already have.
    send please w/instructions. thanks
    11-18-09 05:44 PM
    OTA programming will not overwrite the hard coded network code from sprint. Also the phone does not give you the ability to change the MSL. People do not understand without a cmos programmer and the programming code from the carrier u want to go to (which is proprietary and impossible to get) as well as an advanced knowledge of chip programming there is no way to take a CDMA phone of any brand/carrier over to another CDMA carrier. As cdma is primarily US only the phones are made to be proprietary whereas GSM phones are made to have the ability to cross the carrier barrier.

Just in case you didn't know you can flash cdma phones and take them to any cdma network that will put the esn in there inventory.

11-26-09 06:15 AM
    OTA programming will not overwrite the hard coded network code from sprint. Also the phone does not give you the ability to change the MSL. People do not understand without a cmos programmer and the programming code from the carrier u want to go to (which is proprietary and impossible to get) as well as an advanced knowledge of chip programming there is no way to take a CDMA phone of any brand/carrier over to another CDMA carrier. As cdma is primarily US only the phones are made to be proprietary whereas GSM phones are made to have the ability to cross the carrier barrier.

Just in case you didn't know you can flash cdma phones and take them to any cdma network that will put the esn in there inventory.

I've done it myself. Had an Alltel Blackberry Pearl 8130 and flashed it ( changed the PRL ) to MetroPCS.

11-26-09 06:17 AM
    YES YOU CAN flash your blackberry curve to Metro PCS. I programed it and now I have unlimited calling, unlimited texting and unlimited data usage. I have this service for a few of the Metro PCS dealers and they all send me there phones to flash. Email me for details. I GUARANTY YOUR PHONE WILL WORK!
    Could you please send me instructions. Have tried to flash my verizon blacberry to alltel, but can't get it to register. I want to try metro pcs. Pls help
    12-08-09 01:59 PM
    With all the people that are the best of the best here. Why has no one posted a step by step how to for us to use to go from sprint to metropcs?
    I have a 8330 curve and I am not able to find a good step by step on how to convert over my 8330 to metro and have mms and web and gps working?
    This is a help request! Please help me to convert over to a much cheaper and better metropcs metro pcs is 54.00 and sprint is 149.00 for the same service?
    Plus my sprint bill keeps going up every few months and is getting to $$$ for me to use web and data.
    We are going to move all 3 of our accounts to metropcs this week!
    Thanks for helping me out!
    01-07-10 04:24 AM
    I would like to do a full flash to what ever works best on metropcs for the 8330 curve!
    01-07-10 04:25 AM
    I would like to do a full flash to what ever works best on metropcs for the 8330 curve!
    Your best bet would be to call a Metro PCS in your are to find out if they do it, or you can also do a local Craigslist in your are to find someone who can flash it for you.
    01-07-10 10:22 AM
    You would have to contact someone who does it regularly or find a tutorial somewhere online.
    01-07-10 10:22 AM
    You would have to contact someone who does it regularly or find a tutorial somewhere online.
    Not being a sim card model might make it a little more hard to do?
    PM me if yo all know of someone that is good at the conversion to metropcs please.......8330 curve from sprint. This unit does not use a sim card!
    01-07-10 10:32 AM
    Any Metro PCS dealer should be able to do it for you.

01-07-10 10:35 AM
    Not being a sim card model might make it a little more hard to do?
    PM me if yo all know of someone that is good at the conversion to metropcs please.......8330 curve from sprint. This unit does not use a sim card!
    Where are you located? No you have no choice for it to be a CDMA (not a SIM card model) in order to have it flashed and work for Metro PCS
    01-07-10 10:36 AM
    Any Metro PCS dealer should be able to do it for you.

Metro pcs said there flash will make it a paper weight that can make calls only? Is that true.
    01-07-10 10:36 AM
    Metro pcs said there flash will make it a paper weight that can make calls only? Is that true.
    That's true, the only way you will be able to get your emails will be through Browser.
    01-07-10 10:38 AM
    Where are you located? No you have no choice for it to be a CDMA (not a SIM card model) in order to have it flashed and work for Metro PCS
    I am in georgia and we want to move from our current service provider who is sprint. We have a blackberry8330 curve and my wife has a windows ce something I am not sure I think it is a palm and my kid has a blackberry 8330 also. Sprint raised our bill to over 180.00 for 3 phones with wen and only 1400 minutes shared. When I called there service number after 2 years with them I asked if I should change to a new service provider to get the price back down and the lady from over sea's said I should. So I am not going to sign back up on the 13th when my contract is due again. But, I use web a lot and mms?
    I know there has to be a way. I hope some one in here has the know how to give me a shove in the right direction........
    01-07-10 10:42 AM
    True Metro PCS can't do full flashes.
    01-07-10 11:32 AM
    So I have checked around and most places are 100.00 or more to do a full flash with web and mms and such working after there flash. There has to be something out there that one can buy to flash over a version or sprint bb8330 to metropcs. I do not mind the 100.00 if I was able to flash my phone and if it all goes bad when I play or load a app I would like to know how to do it over again not spend another 100.00 and be afraid to play with my bb. I have no issue paying for a program and directions or what ever. Any idea's?
    01-11-10 03:41 AM
    So is there a place I can buy the directions to make a 8330 curve work with most of its programs? PM me please. Saw a product on ebay for 99.99 to give me directions but low 87% feed back on other products they where selling. There has to be a good place for upto date prl's and a good unlock and be able to make web and mms and internet work correct with metro pcs....They are selling bb8330 now?
    01-13-10 02:32 PM
    BBMedics.com is pretty good with flashing devices. Might want to email them and see what they can do for you. Mention we sent you and they may cut you a deal.
    01-13-10 03:23 PM
    CarrierUnlock, I thank you! They are great over there and are from a area I grew up in. They must be good peeps! Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction I will up date here next week on how things went.
    going from Hello - heloo- what the #? to Hello - Hello - yea!
    01-14-10 02:03 AM
119 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD