I need help. Many postings said that unlock sprint tour should work with Tmobile SIM (non prepaid sim). I have not found a way to make it work. I have tried removing "1" from phone number (edit sim card). I am still getting the "no channel" mssg and can not make or receive a phone call. It goes straight to my voice mail.
    And yes - I know it has to be changed to GSM and 2G. So, what else I need to try?? Is there any specific sim card I should buy from Tmobile???? I changed to the newer SIM from Tmobile already, but maybe i should ask for different SIM from Tmobile?
    i am not ready to let go my Tour. I'd rather pay full price for Tour than getting full discount for BB8900 or 8520 from Tmobile. Please please help
    08-04-09 01:56 PM
    I wish I can help, I put my nephew's sim card and it work on the first try.
    08-04-09 01:59 PM
    You need a 128kb SIM card, the 32 and 64kb sims are giving trouble on Tmo's network and the tour.
    08-04-09 02:12 PM
    Nucleartx how can you tell the difference from 32 64 or 128k do you have a pic of a card?
    08-04-09 04:24 PM
    Nuc, what do I need to ask from Tmobile to get such sim?
    08-04-09 05:18 PM
    I got a pre-paid tmo card to use in areas with no reception and it works fine..I was having problems with insert sim card reading and my phone was not really unlocked, I had to call sprint and get the instructions again and It worked like a charm...Special thanks goes to a fellow Crackberry member who helped me through the ordeal...
    08-04-09 07:48 PM
    I do know that pre-paid tmo sim card works fine with unlock Sprint Tour. The question is whether there's a specific Non prepaid tmo sim card I should get to work with Tour.
    08-04-09 07:56 PM
    How old is your TMobile SIM? There's really no easy way to tell on a TMobile SIM the capacity of it.

Because the Tour supports 3G GSM it requires a 3G (64k or 128k) SIM card to work properly. You should go to your local TMO store and just ask for a new SIM card. I highly doubt they have 2G (32K) SIM cards left, just make sure the new SIM works in your Tour before you go.
    08-04-09 09:01 PM
    I already changed to new SIM and still does not work. I even asked if they have any newer SIM that they may use with their 3G phone and they have they use the same SIM for all phone including 3G and does not have anything specific for 3G or high end phones. I start to believe that it's not the SIM - maybe the setting, but not sure what I am missing. Some tmobile users can use their SIM with unlocked tour and some just don't.
    08-05-09 12:48 AM
    Only other thing I can think of is an OS wipe and reinstall. Search the forums for jl_cmdr and a link to the OS for it. Make sure you back up all your data before trying this. This is a bit extreme in my book, but to get the tmo service working it may be the last resort.
    08-05-09 01:47 AM
    does the phone have to be activated on sprint before itll work with att/tmobile?

ive sold someone a brand new unlocked tour and they tell me they cant get it to work on att.
    08-05-09 12:36 PM
    You know, I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the sim card type that cause the problem. Many have tmo sims (non prepaid) that works instantly with both unlock verizon and sprint tour.
    I think it's really the program that tmobile presets to your simcards cause the issue.
    I finally bought Curve 8900 from Tmo yesterday since I've been their customers for years, they unlocked the Curve right a way. But now, you will assume that with Tmobile's blackberry plan, new tmo non prepaid sim and Tmobile Blackberry, all will work out fine right??? wrong.
    I was able to make a phone call and text and even internet, but for whatever reason, with the set up that came with my existing tmobile number (even with Tmo Simcard), I can't access some of Blackberry features, such as setting up emails. They tried to set it up manually via Tmobile Online and of course tried to set up via handheld and received an error mssg says "We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service". Tmo BB rep couldn't figure out and she will have to give me a call (waiting for their call).
    My previous phone is Palm Treo 650 (unlocked) and my new tmo sim was programmed to use with that phone. Simply adding BB plan to my plan, won't do it. It will require Tmo to tweek the setup.
    I will give you guys update. As soon as Tmo fix their setting and all BB feature I have will be working, I will try that sim to my unlock Sprint Tour (yep - I still have it as my last attempt).
    Tmo non prepaid sims owners, check out your tmo plan and try it with another Tmo newer blackberry, and see if you have any problem.
    08-06-09 07:19 PM
    Any fix for this issue yet??? I cant get my darn Tour to make calls on Tmobile ahhhhh!!!!
    08-07-09 06:52 PM
    Hey,
    I dont know why everytime i want to make a call with my sprint tour with a tmobile sim card gives me that error message : "No circuit/ Channel available" but Blackberry messenger and text messages work perfectly!!!
    I really don't know what to do in order to fix that!! Anyone can help?? If you can please add me to BBM , my PIN is : 30C4A7E6
    Thank you all!!
    09-01-09 01:25 AM
    You know, there are half a dozen threads about this issue. People need to read/search before making new threads.
    These threads are from almost a month ago. The poster above you bumped both of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 02:42 AM
    09-01-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD