Hi, I have a 9650 from Sprint that has never been used with, or registered with the Sprint network. I am using it in Russia with MTS Russia, but the BIS service cannot detect the phone. I have done an SB Legacy restore and copied the service books from my 9700 to the 9650. I have also used an MSL code and changed the phone number on the device. I've tried to register the phone with BIS and sent the service books, but nothing helps, and there are no entries in Host Routing. An additional issue is that when I try to use the browser I get an error message that states that browsing is not part of my service plan - I have a full BIS data package with my carrier, and have had no issues with any other devices.

All this leads me to think that the device thinks its still on Sprint. Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    10-12-10 11:37 PM
    Means the carrier ur using it on isn't being pushed to ur device.
    10-13-10 12:36 AM
    Means the carrier ur using it on isn't being pushed to ur device.
    I'm not sure what to do. I've spoken to my carrier and they say there's not a problem at their end. Every other device I've used has been trouble free. I suspect the issue is related to CDMA (it's all GSM here) and Sprint somehow.
    10-13-10 12:56 AM
    Make sure it is set to GSM/CDMA>3G/2G>2G under options then mobile network
    10-13-10 12:59 AM
    Make sure it is set to GSM/CDMA>3G/2G>2G under options then mobile network
    Hi, yes it is, and always has been
    10-13-10 01:01 AM
    I thinik they don't have the service books for the 9650. They expect more 9000 or 9700 users probably.

Do they know you have the Blackberry 9650?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 05:50 AM
    I thinik they don't have the service books for the 9650. They expect more 9000 or 9700 users probably.

Do they know you have the Blackberry 9650?

Hi, BIS is still relatively new to Russia, and only the older devices are available, so you're probably right about the service books. Is it possible to find and download generic 9650 service books? Thanks.
    10-13-10 05:55 AM
    I tried finding one on google but no luck .. hopeyfully somewhere may have it.
    10-13-10 07:37 AM
    I tried finding one on google but no luck .. hopeyfully somewhere may have it.
    I appreciate your help, thank you.
    10-13-10 07:39 AM
    your welcome... I suggest making a thread with request titled MTS service books needed or something like that.
    10-13-10 07:51 AM
    Hi, I have a 9650 from Sprint that has never been used with, or registered with the Sprint network. I am using it in Russia with MTS Russia, but the BIS service cannot detect the phone. I have done an SB Legacy restore and copied the service books from my 9700 to the 9650. I have also used an MSL code and changed the phone number on the device. I've tried to register the phone with BIS and sent the service books, but nothing helps, and there are no entries in Host Routing. An additional issue is that when I try to use the browser I get an error message that states that browsing is not part of my service plan - I have a full BIS data package with my carrier, and have had no issues with any other devices.

All this leads me to think that the device thinks its still on Sprint. Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Hi where did you get your 9650 MSL?
    11-06-10 08:22 AM
    You can buy them, we sell them.

11-06-10 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD