I bought a sprint blackberry 9630. I ordered the unlock code.

The problem is when is Go to Setting>Option>Advanced Options>Sim Card. I type MEPD and some information pops out. Then I try to enter MEP2 and nothing happens.

According to Instructions or Youtube Videos, they get a dialog which asks for the unlock code. But I don't get that box when I type MEP2..

Help Please...
    02-04-10 04:37 PM
    didn't yours come unlocked?
    02-04-10 04:56 PM
    I bought a sprint blackberry 9630. I ordered the unlock code.

The problem is when is Go to Setting>Option>Advanced Options>Sim Card. I type MEPD and some information pops out. Then I try to enter MEP2 and nothing happens.

According to Instructions or Youtube Videos, they get a dialog which asks for the unlock code. But I don't get that box when I type MEP2..

Help Please...
    I thought Sprint phones come unlocked?? Mine did.
    02-04-10 06:44 PM
    mine did too
    02-04-10 06:53 PM
    My tour was also unlocked out of the box...
    02-04-10 07:31 PM
    See if your cell is already unlocked

1. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

2. At that screen type MEPD, a new menu will pop up.

3. Look for Network in the list.

4. If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.

Image of Locked Device (after typing MEPD)

Image of Unlocked Device (after typing MEPD)

Last edited by dave3825us; 02-04-10 at 10:33 PM.
    02-04-10 07:32 PM
    I was trying to see whether mine was unlocked - it is a sprint phone. Went under sim card, there's an ID with some long number but on the very top of the page it says "sim card - security disabled". If I hit the menu button I can "enable security". Can someone please tell me what that means? I'm a real noob, thanks - k

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 08:27 PM
    I was trying to see whether mine was unlocked - it is a sprint phone. Went under sim card, there's an ID with some long number but on the very top of the page it says "sim card - security disabled". If I hit the menu button I can "enable security". Can someone please tell me what that means? I'm a real noob, thanks - k

That means that your sim card would be password protected incase you loose it...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-04-10 10:14 PM
    Almost all are unlocked first few batches didn't come unlocked. Good luck.
    02-04-10 10:26 PM

Wow,,,did you read post number 6 that I posted? It said to type mepd and see whats there. I gave pretty good directions and did not write to hit menu..
    02-04-10 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD