I am trying to get my blackberry curve 8310 to work with my boostmobile sim card and its not working! my blackberry says sos on it and i have no service at all. I have already unlocked it myself for free. So what do I do next after that to get the sos off of it? oh and also when i go to manage connections, and then i go to mobile network options, and go to scan for available networks, it only shows up tmobile and At&t with or without my boostmobile card. how come boostmobile does not come up? someone, anyone please help!!!!! I am a first time blackberry owner
    07-31-10 10:06 AM
    You can't.

BoostMobile use iDen SIMs. The 8310 uses GSM.

They are not compatible. And they cannot be made to be compatible.
    07-31-10 11:05 AM
    Yeah, Boost Mobile uses IDEN for one network and CDMA for the other. If you are looking for inexpensive prepaid, unlimited talk and text for your 8310, try Simple Mobile. Uses T-Mobile towers and has a decent coverage map.
    07-31-10 12:00 PM
    had the same problem a few weeks ago-- had a 8350i, on nextel/boost. worked great! changed housing(used a sim card also) when it loaded, it went to SOS, then the bars, got a new simcard, still had problems--called boost and they said they dont support that phone anymore(when i bought it they supported it), so i went on ebay n got a brand new BB--8330 for 150. called boost and wham! works with no problems, yea its the 60plan but better than having a headache for week to figure it out on fixing it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD