Other than being able to use another network with sim change, what's the advantage?
    Does it help with roaming etc on another network? Signal power? Or is it just a resale, going overseas, moving a Storm to AT&T thing?
    I guess I'm confused.......
    03-18-09 07:03 PM
    Its just the fact that you can use it on any network, not just the one it was assigned to.
    03-18-09 07:04 PM
    Unlocking merely allows the device to be used on other compatible networks. That's it.

An unlocked phone often can be sold for a higher price or to a wider audience of purchasers.
    03-18-09 07:54 PM
    Ok, got it now. It doesn't actually help with anything but reselling or if you want to go contract less with another carrier.
    03-18-09 09:12 PM
    Ok, got it now. It doesn't actually help with anything but reselling or if you want to go contract less with another carrier.
    Or if you travel its a great way to save a dime . when i travel to South America I leave one blackberry with at&t international calling for the business and my personal ill use down there for regular calls i guess it helps you save some cash
    03-18-09 09:19 PM
    Or if you travel its a great way to save a dime . when i travel to South America I leave one blackberry with at&t international calling for the business and my personal ill use down there for regular calls i guess it helps you save some cash
    I also go down to South America and pop in a local Sim into my blackberry to save money.
    03-18-09 09:26 PM
    Yea basically what everyone has stated, cheaper traveling, can sell it to any networl and use any network card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:50 PM
    I have two blackberries. A BOLD on ATT and a 8220 on TMobile. Unlocking allows me to switch, have the Bold on tmo and the 8220 on ATT.
    03-19-09 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD