Holy Moly, I just unlocked my phone from cellunlock.net great customer service and very reliable. Everything works beautifully, I have tested Fido, Rogers so far and it works perfectly with great signal and clarity. Just to let you all know I am running on aswell. However, after testing the phone with Rogers I noticed that my SMS Folder is now a SMS and MMS folder and I now have the option to compose mms. When I select that option and choose the recipient to MMS I receive an errorno MMS service Records meaning there is no service books. Now I'm sure if I add the Rogers Sim back in it will work. WTF.. TELUS FIX THIS ****!!!
    04-29-09 10:30 AM
    Telus doesn't support MMS on BlackBerry. This has been well discussed in various places. Don't know if/when they will do it, but if you want to put the pressure on them, call them up and put in a feature request.

Hey, since you got your phone unlocked, can you let us know how things go if you ever need to get warranty service? Telus has clear issues with unlocking their phones, but I wonder how far they would actually take it.
    04-30-09 06:35 AM
    The phone is unlocked and it works great no issues on Rogers or Fido. I do have the SMS and MMS Folder though, I checked my service books and I do have an MMS service book but it won't work if I switch over to the Telus Network. It works if I switch back to the Rogers Sim. The thing is their network does support MMS. I have had the i885 Mike Iden CDMA phone on the Mike Network in which does have MMS and it does work. I switched over because they came out with the BB 8350i which doesn't have SMS text or MMS messages. Telus stated that their network doesn't support it then why when I dropped my sim at that point back into my i885 it worked. Now I am on their PCS Digital Network and yeah it slightly alot better but the BB drops calls frequently which is pissing me off. The warranty issue don't worry I will not tell them anything about it and if I ever needed to get my phone serviced I would just take it to their repair center directly not through Telus.
    04-30-09 11:58 AM
    Ok so I have a with sprint and no mms I heard they now have it how do I get it on my ??
    04-30-09 12:28 PM
    You have to get your carrier to send you your service books or just go to Advanced Option/House Routing Tables and BB Menu and register. You can also contact your carrier to send you them to incase they may have updated them.
    04-30-09 12:45 PM
    I have an unlocked bb 9500 Storm. It was originally locked to vodafone. Everything works great, but I inserted a Fido SIM and am having similar problems with text messaging. Any ideas or solutions?
    05-27-09 09:18 AM
    You should be ok... Since it is unlocked and using it on a GSM Network. I have a Telus and its unlocked and it only works if I use it on my sisters sim on Rogers....
    05-27-09 07:48 PM