I have changed the OS on 8310 and an 8110 from SUNCOM to TMobile using JL Commander and installing OS with vendor removed. OS loads fine, but neither will recognize TMobile SIMS card. I received an unlock code from TMobile for the 8310 SIMS card, but it will not recognize it in the phone to unlock it. I am doing all this with the radio off as it requires. Any ideas????

I posted this on Tmobile page and got no response thats why I have it here

Thanks
    02-24-10 11:36 AM
    You need to unlock it without the SIM inserted. Once you unlock your BlackBerry properly the SIM will read.
    02-24-10 12:35 PM
    I have done all of this without SIM inserted. I have changed several other BBs to a different service provider, but I have never encountered this before. Hence both are deactivated by TMobile
    02-24-10 05:19 PM
    I have changed the OS on 8310 and an 8110 from SUNCOM to TMobile using JL Commander and installing OS with vendor removed. OS loads fine, but neither will recognize TMobile SIMS card. I received an unlock code from TMobile for the 8310 SIMS card, but it will not recognize it in the phone to unlock it. I am doing all this with the radio off as it requires. Any ideas????

I posted this on Tmobile page and got no response thats why I have it here

Thanks
    What message are you getting?
    02-25-10 09:59 AM
    Also you should be able to unlock the 8310 with no SIM card. What do you see after you go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and type the letters "mepd"?
    02-25-10 10:09 AM
    Might be the wrong unlock code given.
    02-25-10 11:27 AM
    What does it show after you follow the mepd instructions above?
    02-25-10 11:57 AM
    Still no update
    02-25-10 11:59 AM
    when i go to the SIM under options to unlock it, there is no SIM or invalid SIM
    02-25-10 01:42 PM
    What happens when you type mepd?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 01:45 PM
    when i go to the SIM under options to unlock it, there is no SIM or invalid SIM
    Ok, now you need to type the letters "mepd". You will not see what your typing and that should bring up the Personalization menu.
    02-25-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD