hi there i have recently brought a new BB 9780 and am having some trouble.
    when i put my sim in and turn in on it says (SIM not allowed: 3 ) and in red where it usually displays how much coverage i have it reads (sos).

i have had look around in my settings and when i click on the sim card it says sim disabled ,network subset disabled ,service provider disabled, corporate disabled.

any help would be great
    04-24-11 08:51 AM
    it your Blackberry 9780 is set to GSM use?
    is it unlocked? does it says "security disabled"?
    04-25-11 10:01 PM
    Try taking the battery out for 5 minute and putting it back in. See if it gets signal
    04-27-11 08:12 PM
    hi there i have recently brought a new BB 9780 and am having some trouble.
    when i put my sim in and turn in on it says (SIM not allowed: 3 ) and in red where it usually displays how much coverage i have it reads (sos).

i have had look around in my settings and when i click on the sim card it says sim disabled ,network subset disabled ,service provider disabled, corporate disabled.

any help would be great
    Which provider is the phone from and which SIM are you trying to use? It can also mean that the phone is blacklisted.
    04-28-11 12:34 AM
    It sounds blacklisted or still locked to a previous carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 11:34 AM
    (SIM not allowed: 3 ) << havnt' heard of that problem yet :S maybe try calling blackberry
    04-30-11 09:33 PM
    It means phone blacklisted.
    05-03-11 05:36 PM
    blacklisted is the bottom of the barrol good luck on ur phone venture!
    05-05-11 05:23 PM
    Yeah your phone is blacklisted...
    and try to contact its user from whom you get this...
    06-30-11 11:20 AM
    Sellers that sell these blacklisted phones are usually long gone
    06-30-11 11:23 AM
    hahhaa. ^. yes, usually dont keep communication their #1 priority. hope you didn't buy off of craigslist
    07-01-11 07:51 PM
    We see a lot of them lately.
    07-07-11 06:52 PM
    Yeah your phone is blacklisted...
    and try to contact its user from whom you get this...
    One of those cases of buyer beware...research what you are buying and make sure that you don't get sold a glorified paperweight. I hate to hear about stories like this (no matter what the item is) but I fear they will become more and more common.
    Deal too good to be true? Probably is...
    07-07-11 10:31 PM
    Yes whenever you buy phone please make sure that it is not blacklisted.....
    Beware of such sellers because market is full of them....
    07-08-11 01:46 PM
    If the price is too good to be true it usually means something is not right.
    07-11-11 12:57 PM
    I have a blackberry torch, I got it just after Christmas say February, and I've been on holiday just got back today and while I've been my phones saying ' sim not allowed' 'insert sim' but I've went on my sim settings and nothings coming up atal, what's the dilemma, but I've snapped the SIM card in my phone before and got it fixed, maybe this is the problem? Someone give me some advice please I've searched the Internet all day
    06-13-13 12:11 PM
    I have a blackberry torch, I got it just after Christmas say February, and I've been on holiday just got back today and while I've been my phones saying ' sim not allowed' 'insert sim' but I've went on my sim settings and nothings coming up atal, what's the dilemma, but I've snapped the SIM card in my phone before and got it fixed, maybe this is the problem? Someone give me some advice please I've searched the Internet all day
    If the phone is saying "insert SIM" that suggests that the phone cannot even see a SIM card. That might be an issue with how the SIM is inserted or the SIM card reader.

The other message would suggest that the phone is locked.

I'd suggest narrowing it down to what the phone is actually reading now and then going from there. Multiple messages mean different things.
    06-19-13 05:12 AM
    Hi, I have a blackberry z10 and it keeps coming up with either sim not allowed ##3 or no voice service, I'm really confused as to why its doing this I've had it since April, please can you help me with it

Thank you
    08-12-13 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD