I currently work in a building that has poor Sprint and Verizon coverage. However At&t works just fine in here. I was going to get a Prepaid At&t sim card to use when I'm in the basement area. What do I need to make this possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 01:24 AM
    You would need to unlock your phone and switch your service to AT&T. You can't switch back and forth between AT&T in the basement and Sprint outdoors. I'll move your post to the unlocking area where there are several vendors who can unlock it for you. Feel free to confirm what I just told you with them.
    02-19-10 10:10 PM
    Just need it unlocked. Try your carrier first if they cannot provide it for you, we can definitely help you.
    02-19-10 11:06 PM
    So am I wrong? Are you saying he can switch back and forth daily between Sprint and AT&T after he unlocks?

02-19-10 11:13 PM
    Nope it will work. Just much more effort because he will have to switch from 2G and CDMA each time.

02-19-10 11:22 PM
    Ok. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

02-19-10 11:38 PM
    I currently work in a building that has poor Sprint and Verizon coverage. However At&t works just fine in here. I was going to get a Prepaid At&t sim card to use when I'm in the basement area. What do I need to make this possible.

First, you need your phone unlocked. Most Sprint 9630's are shipped unlocked, if not you can call them and they will give you the code to unlock it. Once you make sure your Blackberry is unlocked, you can get a prepaid SIM card, put it in the phone and then you will need to go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.

When you want to switch back to Sprint, you simply need to go back to Options/Mobile Network and revert Technology to 1XEV.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    02-20-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD