I've previously rendered my SIM card inoperative because I was told that all the personal info is stored on it and it's a good idea before you sell.

Now I'm having a hard time with Verizon (surprise...surprise) with this issue.

My question is do you need a SIM card to unlock so that the phone can be used on another network?

Can I just use a friends SIM card just to unlock the phone then give him his card back?

Thanks, Dave.
    10-22-10 06:00 PM
    For sure. Any SIM card will do .. active or inactive.
    10-22-10 07:18 PM
    I've previously rendered my SIM card inoperative because I was told that all the personal info is stored on it and it's a good idea before you sell.

My question is do you need a SIM card to unlock so that the phone can be used on another network?

Can I just use a friends SIM card just to unlock the phone then give him his card back?

Thanks, Dave.
    Yes any SIM is fine and using it to do the unlock process will not affect it in any way.
    10-22-10 07:26 PM

Thanks, Dave.
    Verizon phones don't work off of sim cards and do not utilize them for anything. You can use any carriers sim card to unlock the device.
    10-23-10 12:04 AM
    the sim for verizon phones are for travelling outside of north america
    10-23-10 11:29 AM
    Excellent...

Thanks everyone.

Dave.
    10-23-10 01:27 PM
    Your welcome .... Np
    10-23-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD