Ever since the .148 update my phone unlocks every time I take it out of my holster. If this is a new feature I hate it. If there is something wrong please help me out. Fixes? Info? Anything?

P.S. The new update allows my battery to stay charged for A WHOLE HOUR! At least with .75 my battery would still be charged while my phone was frozen. The new update is making my phone unusable. (That doesn't make much sense does it?)
    06-07-09 08:38 PM
    Mine does the same thing when I pull it out of the holster also. I am pretty sure its a new feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 08:42 PM
    yeah it's been doing that for a while now. I'm not sure what OS it started with, I just know .75 didn't do it. It takes a little while to get used to it, but you will eventually like it better
    06-07-09 08:45 PM
    I noticed this after the Bell .122 update. It was a little annoying at first, but I'm used to it now.

The battery life seems ok with mine, but my usage is a little light. On a typical 11 hour workshift it goes down about one notch.
    06-07-09 08:50 PM
    It knows that you are about to use it. So why not unlock it for you. Now if security is your concern then put a password on there and it will bring that screen up when you pull it out of the holster.
    06-07-09 08:50 PM
    Well when I pull it out, my holster is pretty snug, so my fingers click the screen sometimes which in turn opens a program. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Thanks for the help.
    06-07-09 09:17 PM
    Well when I pull it out, my holster is pretty snug, so my fingers click the screen sometimes which in turn opens a program. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Thanks for the help.

Or just buy PatternLock and it will stay locked after you pull it out of the holster. You can even use the lock button with PatternLock.
    06-07-09 09:24 PM

Thanks for the help.
    As an alternative, you can also get StormSlider, which lets you unlock the phone the same way an iPhone does. Not an iPhone fanboi, but I do think that was a cool touch screen lock. Works well and prevents accidental screen clicking when you take it out of the holster.
    06-07-09 11:04 PM
    As an alternative, you can also get StormSlider, which lets you unlock the phone the same way an iPhone does. Not an iPhone fanboi, but I do think that was a cool touch screen lock. Works well and prevents accidental screen clicking when you take it out of the holster.
    ya what he said ^^^

neways, the phone thinks u r bout to read a text or w/e so it unlocks it for u, if u dont want it to, get a phone locking app like stormslider
    06-08-09 12:49 AM
    Ever since the .148 update my phone unlocks every time I take it out of my holster. If this is a new feature I hate it. If there is something wrong please help me out. Fixes? Info? Anything?

P.S. The new update allows my battery to stay charged for A WHOLE HOUR! At least with .75 my battery would still be charged while my phone was frozen. The new update is making my phone unusable. (That doesn't make much sense does it?)
    All blackberries do that. it is precisely how it is supposed to work. I've had 3 blackberries and 3 blackberry holsters. They have a magnet that locks them and then when they come out they are no longer hitting the magnet and now it becomes unlocked. If you put the phone in there with or without it being locked, it comes out unlocked. Why would you want it locked when it's out anyway? I don't really understand that. I mean, you'd have to remove it from then unlock it and that just sounds like too much. To me.
    06-08-09 12:57 AM
    I've noticed that it only unlocks about 9 outa 10 ten times. I wish it did it every time.
    I have always used the most recent leaked os's and I have noticed it getting better but not a sure thing yet.
    Anyone else notice this?

06-08-09 01:22 AM
    I've noticed that it only unlocks about 9 outa 10 ten times. I wish it did it every time.
    I have always used the most recent leaked os's and I have noticed it getting better but not a sure thing yet.
    Anyone else notice this?

Same thing happen to me. Sometimes it freezes up and I have to batt pull but very rarely

06-08-09 11:50 AM
    All blackberries do that. it is precisely how it is supposed to work. I've had 3 blackberries and 3 blackberry holsters. They have a magnet that locks them and then when they come out they are no longer hitting the magnet and now it becomes unlocked. If you put the phone in there with or without it being locked, it comes out unlocked. Why would you want it locked when it's out anyway? I don't really understand that. I mean, you'd have to remove it from then unlock it and that just sounds like too much. To me.
    Because when I pull it out (being a touch screen, not like the other devices,) my fingers usually press the screen in which opens an app so thats the reason. And if I just want to check the time it becomes a hassle having to close the app I just opened. But good one.

Also, to everyone else, thanks for the info. I have PatternLock and have had it for a while so I'm going to reactivate that. Thanks for the help everyone.
    06-09-09 07:47 AM
    Options>Password

will give u settings to change whether or not to lock it. If u want it to stay locked, put a password on it. That way it can't unlock unless u type the password as gtstang said
    06-09-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD