I recently unlocked my Blackberry curve 8320 on my own with several programs that nuke it and reinstall a new OS. I didn't brick it (good news) but it won't connect to anything no matter what I do.

I have a tracfone sim card (iknorite?) and under manage connections it only displays at&t as the provider, but i don't get any radio signal for this sim card.

also under the menu theres some called "SIM app." which asks me to enter some kind of sim card code? iunno i have 6 attempts left though, oh and the blackberry desktop manager no longer recognizes this phone but does recognize the blackberry pearl 8100 i have.

any ideas?
    Last edited by Dethenkal; 07-13-10 at 02:15 PM.
    07-13-10 02:12 PM
    I can't answer your questions, but I have moved your post to the Unlocking Forum where the people who may be able to help you are more likely to see it. Good luck.
    07-13-10 07:25 PM
    Congratulations on unlocking it....but this is the reason we tell people not to try it themselves with these softwares. You spend $100-400 on a phone, and don't want to spend a few bucks on an unlock code and in some cases get it free from your carrier.

Nonetheless, I suggest re-installing the OS. Before doing that, go to options-advanced options-sim card and type mepd. Does it say 'Disabled' or 'Inactive' next to Network? If so, then at least its unlocked.
    07-13-10 08:41 PM
    Its not quite unlocked and probably installed a PRL incorrectly. You need to load a new OS and unlock it correctly.
    07-13-10 10:04 PM
    everything is disabled on it as far as the mepd, and i didnt spend a whole bunch of money on it, i actually got this 8320 curve and a 8100 pearl both for 20$ from my friend.

and as far as reinstalling a new OS would the desktop manager be able to do that or would i have to nuke it again? btw i have no clue what a PRL is?
    07-13-10 10:52 PM
    Sorry but a Tracfone SIM will not work in an unlocked phone/blackberry.
    07-14-10 09:39 AM
    Think your question about the 8100 not working is being addressed in your other thread
    07-16-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD