Hi all,

I have a 9700 Bold on Telus currently, i'm moving back to the UK & wanted to use the handset there. The phone is unlocked but only has a Service Provider lock on there. The plan was to pay the contract that i had there & i assumed that i would be paying off for the handset as well & they would be able to release the phone.

Upon calling Telus they've informed me that even if the contract is paid off, the phone is still locked to Telus & they refuse point blank to take off the SP lock thats on the handset.

It seems a pretty backward & restrictive motion that even if the phone will be paid for, i'm unable to use that handset in another country.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do? As it seems a waste of money to pay for a contract/phone & im therefore unable to use it back home.

Thanks in advance!
    03-11-10 01:59 PM
    I dont know if this is any indication but when i put in a UK sim card into the phone it asks to enter the MEP code.

Just as a heads up for any unlock genius' out there, this is what mepd comes up with on the Sim card options...

Sim: Disabled
    Network: Disabled
    Network subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Active
    Corporate: Disabled
    03-11-10 02:11 PM
    You need to purchase the SP from us or any other unlocker on here.
    03-11-10 02:35 PM
    I dont know if this is any indication but when i put in a UK sim card into the phone it asks to enter the MEP code.

Just as a heads up for any unlock genius' out there, this is what mepd comes up with on the Sim card options...

You will need a MEP4 code to unlock this blackberry. If you need the code you can contact any of unlocker here
    03-11-10 02:39 PM

As mentioned above, your phone needs the SP=Service Provider Code.

Anyone of us unlockers here can get it for you.
    03-11-10 03:59 PM
    Thanks guys, i thought this might be the case however Telus seem to be a complete nightmare when it comes to getting an honest answer from them. I'll be in touch with one of you three soon!

Also i don't know if this is true or not (maybe someone could confirm) but they also commented that when the phone is unlocked the PIN is automatically released by their network so i can take a BIS with another provider in the UK. I doubt their knowledge & i'm thinking that they would release it when the account/contract is closed & paid for?

Thanks
    03-11-10 06:33 PM
    Thanks guys, i thought this might be the case however Telus seem to be a complete nightmare when it comes to getting an honest answer from them. I'll be in touch with one of you three soon!

Also i don't know if this is true or not (maybe someone could confirm) but they also commented that when the phone is unlocked the PIN is automatically released by their network so i can take a BIS with another provider in the UK. I doubt their knowledge & i'm thinking that they would release it when the account/contract is closed & paid for?

Thanks
    When its closed it should be released.
    03-11-10 06:45 PM
    Excellent, thanks for that!
    03-11-10 07:29 PM
    Exactly! It will get released don't worry...we can help you get your mep4 code whenever you're ready.
    03-11-10 07:47 PM
    If you are still looking for your SP Code, we can help!
    03-11-10 08:38 PM

Thanks
    Unfortunately most CSR are repeating what they're told and what's in the manual.

Once you close the account the PIN will be released, so once your Blackberry unlocked, you will be able to fully use it with any provider as long as you have a Blackberry Data Plan with your new provider.
    03-11-10 11:38 PM
    Hi all,

I have a 9700 Bold on Telus currently, i'm moving back to the UK & wanted to use the handset there. The phone is unlocked but only has a Service Provider lock on there. The plan was to pay the contract that i had there & i assumed that i would be paying off for the handset as well & they would be able to release the phone.

Upon calling Telus they've informed me that even if the contract is paid off, the phone is still locked to Telus & they refuse point blank to take off the SP lock thats on the handset.

It seems a pretty backward & restrictive motion that even if the phone will be paid for, i'm unable to use that handset in another country.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do? As it seems a waste of money to pay for a contract/phone & im therefore unable to use it back home.

Thanks in advance!
    I have the same problem, can anybody give me the service provider unlock code? Please reply asap!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 07:15 PM
    Many unlockers here to choose from to provide you a mep4 code.
    10-25-11 09:26 PM
    Agree with Freethisberry, All you need is a MEP4 code to unlock the Service provider SIM lock from your Blackberry.
    10-28-11 12:14 PM
    Okay i have read all the posts.. and replies... i have paid a person(company) to give me the unlock code... MEP2 (but my phone did not want to respond to ALT+mepe (e=2)) but instead it only responded to ALT+meps (S=4) and searching all over the net.. MEP4 stands for the Network provider code.. (correct me if i'm wrong) but when the guy that i got frustrated with gave me the list of all the MEP# codes.. i realized that the whole list of MEP's on my phone were disabled except for the MEP4 so i tried my last try on this phone for MEP4 and it responded code accepted.. and now all of my MEP#'s read disabled

Does this mean my phone is unlocked?

first time unlocking a phone this way (complicated) but i have service with my provider still i just have to put in a different simcard now to verify if my phone is unlocked...

Thanks
    01-24-12 01:59 PM
    Request for any MEP code from my on MY free Unlock CODE Thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-codes-687545/
    01-24-12 02:18 PM
    Okay i have read all the posts.. and replies... i have paid a person(company) to give me the unlock code... MEP2 (but my phone did not want to respond to ALT+mepe (e=2)) but instead it only responded to ALT+meps (S=4) and searching all over the net.. MEP4 stands for the Network provider code.. (correct me if i'm wrong) but when the guy that i got frustrated with gave me the list of all the MEP# codes.. i realized that the whole list of MEP's on my phone were disabled except for the MEP4 so i tried my last try on this phone for MEP4 and it responded code accepted.. and now all of my MEP#'s read disabled

first time unlocking a phone this way (complicated) but i have service with my provider still i just have to put in a different simcard now to verify if my phone is unlocked...

Thanks
    MEP4 is the service provider code,

If all say disabled/inactive, then your device is unlocked.
    01-24-12 05:05 PM

Thanks
    Yes all Disabled means the phone is unlocked. You can use another compatible SIM now.
    01-24-12 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD