Fellas and Ladies,
    Please help. I recently purchased an 8800 from e-bay. It will not take my sim card, saying that it is an "invalid sim". Upon start-up, a "Cincinnati Bell" logo flashes. I have contacted that service provider,NUMEROUS times, but they claim that they do not have the codes for unlocking their Blackberry devices and they told me to contact Blackberry for unlocking the device. Everybody knows Blackberry tech support cannot or does not have these codes. I have even given it a shot at getting these codes from Blackberry. I have searched for unlocking services but none of them provide service for "Cincinnati Bell" devices. Am I stuck with a "Cincinnati brick" or what?
    Thanx, in advance.
    R/S
    MexicanSteve
    04-18-09 01:12 AM
    Fellas and Ladies,
    Please help. I recently purchased an 8800 from e-bay. It will not take my sim card, saying that it is an "invalid sim". Upon start-up, a "Cincinnati Bell" logo flashes. I have contacted that service provider,NUMEROUS times, but they claim that they do not have the codes for unlocking their Blackberry devices and they told me to contact Blackberry for unlocking the device. Everybody knows Blackberry tech support cannot or does not have these codes. I have even given it a shot at getting these codes from Blackberry. I have searched for unlocking services but none of them provide service for "Cincinnati Bell" devices. Am I stuck with a "Cincinnati brick" or what?
    Thanx, in advance.
    R/S
    MexicanSteve
    Google - REMOTE Sim Unlock your Cincinnati Bell GSM Blackberry cellphone
    I've no idea how reputable they are. You can search them out.
    04-18-09 02:11 AM
    Dude, $3 on ebay. Search "unlock blackberry" or stick in Cin. Bell in the search terms too....
    04-21-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD