I had an 8320, but got a 9700. I bought my gf an unlocked Storm, for her to use with AT&T. Her Storm has been dying over the past few months, and I'm waiting for it to just give up the ghost one day soon. So I want to unlock my Curve for her. My question is, do I have to get a code? I know that the Storm had been unlocked originally using directions found here, in the Storm forum. Can my Curve be unlocked the same way?
    04-17-10 02:00 PM
    The 9700, is under t-mobile, with whom I'm still under contract. I just want to unlock my t-mo 8320 so my gf can use it, with ATT. Do I need an unlock code?
    04-17-10 02:09 PM
    The 9700, is under t-mobile, with whom I'm still under contract. I just want to unlock my t-mo 8320 so my gf can use it, with ATT. Do I need an unlock code?
    The straight and simple answer is yes, you need an unlock code, though I would ask T-Mobile for the code before purchasing one.
    04-17-10 02:23 PM
    Then thats what I will do. Thanks.
    04-17-10 02:28 PM
    I have purchased an unlock code, but still unable to unlock. When I go to options-> advanced options-> sim card, I get a message that says "no valid sim card" whether I have my valid AT7T card in or no sim card at all. Not even an option to enter a code of any kind. Any advice?
    04-22-10 02:32 PM
    I had an 8320, but got a 9700. I bought my gf an unlocked Storm, for her to use with AT&T. Her Storm has been dying over the past few months, and I'm waiting for it to just give up the ghost one day soon. So I want to unlock my Curve for her. My question is, do I have to get a code? I know that the Storm had been unlocked originally using directions found here, in the Storm forum. Can my Curve be unlocked the same way?
    Instructions? All devices have their OWN unique unlock code. You will need to get one from the carrier or a third party vendor such as our self.
    04-24-10 11:15 PM
    If you're no longer under contract with your provider, you can ask them for an unlock code for your 9700. If you're still under contract, you will have to purchase one. I suggest using cellfservices. They were professional, courteous and responded quickly to my questions. There are other companies you can get unlock codes from, but I have not used anyone except cellfservices.
    This is completely untrue. I have unlocked six (6) phones while under contract
    by simply calling AT&T and asking for an unlock code.

Never cost a dime and was always done in ten (10) minutes or less.
    04-25-10 02:24 AM
    This is completely untrue. I have unlocked six (6) phones while under contract
    by simply calling AT&T and asking for an unlock code.

Never cost a dime and was always done in ten (10) minutes or less.
    Not everyone is as fortunate. Just like with me and AT&T, I can upgrade all 5 of my lines multiples times a year unlike other who only get to once every 2 years.
    04-25-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD