So I'm reading threads here that show how easy it is to get your phone unlocked free. All you have to do is call customer service (or is it tech service) for your provider and ask for them to unlock it. Many people have had success with this...but me.

I'm with Rogers and what I was told by multiple people at Rogers is that they are not authorized to give me the unlock code for my blackberry. It's not illegal to unlock your phone, but they say that Rogers will not give out any codes to get your phone unlocked.

So what should I do? I don't really feel like paying money for something that I should get for free to be honest. Maybe I just didn't get the right people. Do any Rogers customers here have their phone unlocked from a code they got from Rogers? Is there another free way of getting my phone unlocked? Is there another provider I can call to get a code or does it have to be Rogers?

Thanks guys
    05-30-09 01:32 AM
    EDIT: Can someone please delete this thread? I just noticed a thread that answers my question
    05-30-09 01:34 AM
    Rogers never give anyone unlock codes to their phone. PERIOD. it's just the way they run, to protect their robbing business
    05-30-09 01:51 AM
    I hate Rogers. They're a greedy monopolizing company. And yes they will never give a you a unlock. Canada needs way more competition for cellphone companies, I think we pay like the highest price for plans/data plans, even more than third world countries.

PM I can give you a link where I had my unlock code done for $10 US, fast service. I'd post it here but not sure if I'm allowed.
    05-30-09 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD