hey guys
    i am with telus right now and i have a new bold 9700 for rogers available to me, i wanted to know if it was possible to unlock it for telus and wether it would fully work ( phone, bbm, email etc)
    my second concern is that i am going to isreal this summer and i would need it to work for business, would it be possible?

thanks alot!
    04-14-10 01:39 PM
    No it won't... Telus phones operate on a cdma network and have no sim card like on the rogers gsm network. You won't be able to activate the phone on telus because the hardware isn't compatible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 02:00 PM
    hey guys
    i am with telus right now and i have a new bold 9700 for rogers available to me, i wanted to know if it was possible to unlock it for telus and wether it would fully work ( phone, bbm, email etc)
    my second concern is that i am going to isreal this summer and i would need it to work for business, would it be possible?

thanks alot!
    Actually ignore the poster above because it will work. Telus just like Bell operate two different networks. CDMA and HSPA. Just get a SIM card from Telus, unlock your Roger's 9700 and everything will work just fine. Same goes for your trip to Israel.

FYI. You will need a BB Data Plan for full functionality.
    04-14-10 02:30 PM
    Sorry for the wrong info... I didn't know you could get a sim card from telus.

04-14-10 04:13 PM
    It's quite alright. Not most know.

04-14-10 05:17 PM
    hey guys

thanks alot!
    Yes, once your blackberry is unlocked, you can use compatible SIM card on your phone. Contact any of us if you need help on unlocking your device.
    04-14-10 05:47 PM
    thank you very much for the info. as soon as i get the phone i will look back here to unlock it!
    realy appreciate the help
    04-14-10 09:42 PM
    hey guys

thanks alot!
    Yes you will be able to unlock it and use it. You just need to make sure that you are on the new Telus 3G HSPA Network. Also once the phone unlocked, you will also be able to use it in Israel and worldwide.
    04-16-10 03:47 PM
    To give you a little more confidence, I'm using a Telus 9700 on Rogers lol. Works great..no problems whatsoever besides the Telus wallpapers that are on the phone

Let any one of us know if you need any help unlocking your new phone
    04-17-10 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD