Can I port my rogers.blackberry.net email account from my Rogers 9800 to an unlocked Telus 9780 or does Rogers, Telus or BB block this in some way? Thanks.
    05-18-11 10:34 AM
    yes you can. using a rogers sim ofcourse in an unlocked BB
    05-18-11 02:50 PM
    The *.blackberry.net accounts are carrier specific. You cannot port this email over only setup one like yourname@telus.blackberry.net...
    05-18-11 10:59 PM
    The *.blackberry.net accounts are carrier specific. You cannot port this email over only setup one like yourname@telus.blackberry.net...
    Will Telus allow me to setup a telus.blackberry.net account if I am not subscribed to their network? i.e. I will be using the Rogers network.
    05-18-11 11:36 PM
    The carrier specific .blackberry.net email accounts are specific to the carrier on which your service is currently active.

It doesn't matter which carrier the device is/was branded to.

The email address from one carrier cannot be activated on nor accessed with nor transferred to a different carrier network.
    05-19-11 05:56 AM
    Ok great. So when I swap devices I'll get my Rogers account which is on the Rogers network ported over to my Telus device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 10:42 AM
    Yes. Again, the fact that it is a "Telus device" does not matter in regards to the carrier email address.

Personally, I would never use that email address for anything important, but that's a whole different issue.
    05-19-11 07:51 PM
    I agree.. You cannot access this email anywhere except your blackberry device.
    05-19-11 08:54 PM
    Why not use the BB account aside that it can't be accessed other than on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 01:23 AM
    I read this thread a couple of times trying to comprehend whats going on. What I gather is that you have name@rogers.blackberry.net email address and want it moved over to your new Telus service as a name@telus.blackberry.net email address. Is this correct?

I would advise you start sending out change of addresses. I don't even think RIM will do this port for you as it is not an issue with a failed activation or service update. This is the main reason why I don't have anything important going to my BB.net email address.
    05-20-11 07:31 AM
    I read this thread a couple of times trying to comprehend whats going on. What I gather is that you have name@rogers.blackberry.net email address and want it moved over to your new Telus service as a name@telus.blackberry.net email address. Is this correct?

I would advise you start sending out change of addresses. I don't even think RIM will do this port for you as it is not an issue with a failed activation or service update. This is the main reason why I don't have anything important going to my BB.net email address.
    No, just the same email rogers.blackberry.net account to the telus device which I understand from above is not a problem. Thanks to everyone for that.
    05-20-11 10:04 AM
    Your welcome..
    05-20-11 01:22 PM
    Why not use the BB account aside that it can't be accessed other than on the device.
    Can't be accesses from anywhere but on the device currently.
    Can't be transferred to a different carrier.
    No spam filtering.
    05-20-11 02:04 PM
    Can't be accesses from anywhere but on the device currently.
    Can't be transferred to a different carrier.
    No spam filtering.
    That's what I said. Not as elegantly though.
    05-20-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD