I am a loyal AT&T customer but they are giving me headache for getting me an unlock code.

I want to try to use 3rd party unlock service but I am worried about giving out the IMEI as I am afraid that the IMEI may get cloned. Should I be that worried? I remembered the cloned period back in late 90s.

Thanks.
    05-14-10 01:38 PM
    You shouldn't be worried if it's a reputable vendor. Check the forums here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/

I actually won an unlock code from Cellunlock.net a few weeks back, good customer service, and no hassles.

Why is AT&T giving you a headache?
    05-14-10 02:12 PM
    I am a loyal AT&T customer but they are giving me headache for getting me an unlock code.
    Thanks.
    How so? If it is a purchased device they pretty much can't refuse you the code for your own piece of hardware. If it was a freebie, they usually make you wait until after 12 months. They have always been good about giving me codes, I got one for my 9700 and 8900 within days of each other. Try telling them you will be traveling in Europe for a few weeks and will need to use a local sim. If it's a freebie phone that you just got, I don't know what to tell you. The unlockers on CB seem to be a good bunch of folks......
    Good luck
    05-14-10 02:26 PM
    It was given to me as a gift. I did tell them that I am going overseas and they are giving me headache asking to fax them receipt and I don't have fax.
    05-14-10 06:20 PM
    We can unlock it for you within minutes, just let us know.

Carriers will give them out if you meet certain requirements. They just don't hand them out if you bought the device.
    05-14-10 07:04 PM
    I can't believe they're asking for that. I've gotten unlock codes from AT&T 5 times
    without a hassle at all.
    05-14-10 07:04 PM
    It was given to me as a gift. I did tell them that I am going overseas and they are giving me headache asking to fax them receipt and I don't have fax.
    Any luck with them? Do you have an account with them?
    05-17-10 01:46 PM
    Unfortunately AT&T has certain criteria that even their customers have to fulfill. If they can't provide it to you, a number of us reliable unlockers can help you unlock it no problem!

Let us know if you have any questions
    05-17-10 06:31 PM
    Att codes are pretty simple and inexpensive to get....
    06-10-10 09:44 AM
    AT&T will give you the code if you have an account with them in good standing for over 90 days.
    06-10-10 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD