I have had.... less than fun trying to get my AT&T Blackberry Curve 8310 unlocked...

I tried contacting GSMResource to have them unlock it, however, I still have yet to receive any response at all from them. (There goes 12$)

I was thinking about going on eBay and getting it done on there, but eBay is a little shady for my liking.

So I figured maybe there's a way I can call AT&T and have them unlock it.

I'm not sure what the best way is, if you've had any excellent service from someone, or know how to get AT&T to do it for free for me, by all means, post how, or who you contacted to have it unlocked.

Thanks.
    06-06-09 07:48 PM
    cellunlock.net has gotten great reviews on here. Also horizonwirelessonline.com

And as long as the Ebay company has good feedback there's not much to worry about.
    06-06-09 09:20 PM
    +1 for Horizonwireless, great place.
    06-06-09 09:54 PM
    +1 for lying to cellphone provider about moving / going on a trip to europe.

If they ask for proof of purchase (receipt) go along like you have it until the end of the call, then ask "uh.. What happens if I can't find the receipt?"

They'll go to speak to their manager / supervisor, and they'll either instantly approve the unlock code, and give it to you. (Happened for me) or, they'll put the supervisor / manager on the phone to test if you're lying. Stick to your story no matter what.
    06-06-09 11:36 PM
    I don't see how all of these websites pop up that have the IMEI to unlock code converter and it doesn't get out.
    06-06-09 11:40 PM
    +1 for Horizonwireless, great place.
    +1 more I have heard great things about these guys...
    06-06-09 11:40 PM
    I've used Horizon Wireless to unlock my Flip. Totally awesome service. And it was really fast too. I had my code within an hour.
    06-07-09 12:27 AM
    hi i used a guy called kane7647 off ebay.co.uk and it took 1 hour to unlock my at&t phone for $4.99 - truly awesome price and speed.

I have had.... less than fun trying to get my AT&T Blackberry Curve 8310 unlocked...

I tried contacting GSMResource to have them unlock it, however, I still have yet to receive any response at all from them. (There goes 12$)

I was thinking about going on eBay and getting it done on there, but eBay is a little shady for my liking.

So I figured maybe there's a way I can call AT&T and have them unlock it.

I'm not sure what the best way is, if you've had any excellent service from someone, or know how to get AT&T to do it for free for me, by all means, post how, or who you contacted to have it unlocked.

Thanks.
    06-08-09 06:35 PM
    If it's an AT&T phone, did you try calling their customer service? I did this recently to inquire on a phone I was purchasing. Called AT&T cs and got a live person to verify that the phone was not reported stolen and during the conversation, nicely requested the unlock code. I told them I was not a customer and was using the phone for T-Mobile until my contract ended. Got it instantly over the phone!!!
    06-08-09 09:01 PM
    If you can't get it from your carrier, I recommend cellunlock.net. They literally unlocked my 8900 in 5 min at 1 in the morning.
    06-08-09 09:03 PM
    I don't see how all of these websites pop up that have the IMEI to unlock code converter and it doesn't get out.
    its not a converter. each carrier has a database of the lock codes they've used on their devices. so someone inside the company that has access to it just inputs the imei and it spits out the lock code. if for some reason the carrier database doesn't have it, then they resort to the RIM database.
    Last edited by avmsam; 06-08-09 at 10:25 PM.
    06-08-09 10:22 PM
    Which of the unlocking services can provide lock codes for Canadian BBs? I have a TELUS BB Storm.
    09-18-09 01:54 AM
    Which of the unlocking services can provide lock codes for Canadian BBs? I have a TELUS BB Storm.
    I always recommend Horizon Wireless Online.

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    09-18-09 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD