Hi! I recently bought a secondhand BlackBerry Curve 9360 from a local online store (much like eBay). My problem is that I cannot set-up my personal e-mail account because it requires an e-mail address and a password for Enterprise Activation, which I don't have since I bought it secondhand. So, how do I bypass this or remove this type of activation?

Some info that might be useful:
    - I am running OS 7.1

- I do not have an IT Policy:
    Settings > Security > Security Status Information > Services shows * No Services *
    Settings > Device > Device and Status Information > type in BUYR > Buyer's Remorse > IT Policy shows "Disabled"

- I cannot go to my carrier to ask for the password because the phone is openline/unlocked. It does not belong to a specific carrier.

- I can no longer contact the previous owner.

Please help me! E-mail is really important to me that's why I transferred from android and iOS to BB.

Thanks!
    03-13-14 08:13 AM
    Hi! I recently bought a secondhand BlackBerry Curve 9360 from a local online store (much like eBay). My problem is that I cannot set-up my personal e-mail account because it requires an e-mail address and a password for Enterprise Activation, which I don't have since I bought it secondhand. So, how do I bypass this or remove this type of activation?

Some info that might be useful:
    - I am running OS 7.1

- I do not have an IT Policy:
    Settings > Security > Security Status Information > Services shows * No Services *
    Settings > Device > Device and Status Information > type in BUYR > Buyer's Remorse > IT Policy shows "Disabled"

- I cannot go to my carrier to ask for the password because the phone is openline/unlocked. It does not belong to a specific carrier.

- I can no longer contact the previous owner.

Please help me! E-mail is really important to me that's why I transferred from android and iOS to BB.

Thanks!
    Download your phones carrier software and install to the computer( I will assume Windows XP/7/8).
    When you have installed and rebooted, connect your device and allow it to be installed.
    Open a Command Prompt, go to the following directory;
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ Research In Motion\Apploader\"

Execute the follow command;
    "loader.exe /resettofactory"

The device may or may not prompt for password, fill it in with random text if that is the case.
    When the device reboots after the command has completed, do it again (First time is to clear data and reset with IT policy, second time will remove the IT policy and reset the device to factory).

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:40 AM