Hi Guys,

You may be wondering why I want to relock an unlock BB Bold. My bold's trackball is dead and Rogers is sending me a brand new one but they said if they found any damage to the phone I would have to pay for the new one so I just want to relock it before sending it away.

Thanks,
    Mark.
    10-03-09 05:01 PM
    Hi Guys,

You may be wondering why I want to relock an unlock BB Bold. My bold's trackball is dead and Rogers is sending me a brand new one but they said if they found any damage to the phone I would have to pay for the new one so I just want to relock it before sending it away.

Thanks,
    Mark.
    Highly doubt they would know it is unlocked. They may put a sim card in to check it but it would be a Rogers sim. As far as I know unlocked cannot be undone but I may be wrong for once.
    10-03-09 05:08 PM
    if you bought the phone from rogers and unlocked it they shouldn't care. now if you bought it from at&t and unlocked it they wouldn't replace it. as far as i know unlocking ISN'T illegal but i could be wrong.
    10-03-09 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. They did only say physical damage but I did not want to risk it. It is an original rogers phone so maybe I just won't worry about it.

Also I cannot believe they would just send a new phone and not even clean or replace the trackball. I guess they think its more efficient giving new ones out.
    10-03-09 05:50 PM
    Unlocking is a normal function, often provided by the phone company, and never voids the warranty
    10-03-09 09:15 PM
    yea, unlocking is not something that will void your warranty. also, i dont think phones can be re-locked. at least not with end user capabilities. most likely only RIM engineers with their own software would be able to do that.
    10-03-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD