I know a 9650 can be used on AT&T. I'm fully aware that I won't get 3G. I've seen many unlocked 9650 users have an issue with service books reloading after every battery pull. I've heard there is a .cod that can be pulled to prevent this from happening but I need to know for sure that this will work before I pick up a 9650.

Please only reply if you know the answer. No need to suggest another BB. Thx in advance.
    03-08-11 11:15 AM
    Where did you hear that a 9650 can be used on AT&T? That's news to me.
    03-08-11 11:36 AM
    Ppl have used the Storm Instructions
    03-08-11 11:45 AM
    The 9650 is basically a CDMA phone that can work on GSM networks worldwide. Here's RIM's press release BlackBerry - Press Release

Why would you want to stop Service Book download anyway?
    03-08-11 11:47 AM
    From what I read, when unlocked on AT&T, the service books reload after a battery pull, causing MMS and apparently the Browser to stop working. You will need to manually reload AT&T service books to get these back after every battery pull. Don't want to have to do that. The person who claimed there was a workaround, didn't state exactly what it was.

I hate my Torch, my 9700 browser constantly craps out on OS 6, 9780's aren't cheap.. I just need something until the Dakota releases. I can get a 9650 for next to nothing. I usually keep 3G turned off on my BB's anyway to save battery life, but if I have to constantly manually reload service books the 9650 isn't worth it.
    03-08-11 12:01 PM
    Might wanna contact that individual directly via PM to find out what they did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 11:58 AM
    Might wanna contact that individual directly via PM to find out what they did.

I did. Still waiting on an answer..

03-09-11 02:32 PM
    well do post it here whatever he tells you..
    03-11-11 07:28 AM
    I will def post if he gets back to me

03-11-11 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD