Hi guys,

I've recently Bought a blackberry classic as I want something more productivity focused. My partner uses a BB classic and gets on well with it so I picked one up from used for with the intention of unlocking it, but it's proving much harder than expected.

Currently it's locked to Vodafone UK, and they say you have to use their PAYG service for 30 days to get a code from them. There seem to be a lot of sites offering unlocks online, but I don't know which one to trust with my money and IMEI code.

If anyone out there has personal experience of getting their phone unlocked and would vouch for the service they used, could you please let me know?

Alternatively if there are any service providers out there or good old fashioned good Samaritans that want / are willing to help, please get in touch via PM or replying to this thread.

Many thanks in advance,

N.
    07-08-18 12:29 PM
    First of all, great telephone the Classic is. Good job on that.

In Canada here, all devices from any carriers are automatically unlocked now. If you were here in Canada I would just tell you to get your free unlock code if you still have a Classic that remained locked from a Canadian carrier.

Since it's Vodafone in the UK, I guess their policies are still a little bit old school. Anyways, what I would try first would be to call BlackBerry Mobile Support (I know you're using a Classic but...) and press the button that prompts you to enter BlackBerry 10 device support personnel.

However, that might be a wasted endeavour since BlackBerry Mobile is not a carrier and probably will not have access to carrier unlock code databases. But, it might be worth a try.

Otherwise, I'm sure there are others in here who might have better answers than me.
    07-08-18 03:51 PM
    lol - right on top of this page is an ad for an unlocking company, but this link is down for some reason:

https://www.getunlocked.com/blackber...s=10086-124cd7
    07-08-18 03:53 PM
    Unless that ad is trolling me, lol!
    07-08-18 03:54 PM
    I used http://www.blackberrycodesource.com to unlock my PRIV . Descent prices and seems serious. However it's a one time experience so you have to judge yourself.
    07-08-18 04:05 PM
    Just wondering have you looked on ebay as there listed on there.
    07-08-18 04:43 PM