I know you can do this because all you have to do is flash firmwares, but i want to know how i can move my verizon BB 8830 to Sprint. I have other accounts with sprint and I would like this phone to be one of them. Thank you for all your help.
    07-31-08 08:57 PM
    there is a physical difference between the sprint phone and the verizon phone. they work on different frequencies and are not compatible on the other networks. at least this is what i would understand when everyone else has said you can not move to another service provider with your phone.

you could on the other hand take your number with you to sprint and purchase a new one from them. if you use your desktop manager to transfer devices it will save and reload all your settings to the new phone.
    07-31-08 09:08 PM
    Yup. No unlocking cdma phones, unfortunately....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 09:10 PM
    So what do i do with it now.
    07-31-08 09:33 PM
    Sell it. Try Ebay, or even CB.
    07-31-08 09:36 PM
    Sell it in the Market place here.... Or use it.. I will buy it off you for $50.00 cash right now.
    07-31-08 09:36 PM
    lol... $50... If only i were dumb enough to sell a almost new phone for $50... Oh and by the way it has enterprise edition on it.
    07-31-08 09:38 PM
    E-Bay.....
    07-31-08 09:48 PM
    Sell it. $$
    =8')

07-31-08 09:50 PM
    there is a physical difference between the sprint phone and the verizon phone. they work on different frequencies and are not compatible on the other networks.
    This info is incorrect. Both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA carriers with the same radio frequencies.
    08-01-08 12:07 AM
    so if they are both the same frequency's why cant i change the tower numbers and other information in the phone.
    08-01-08 07:59 AM
    Because it's still provisioned by Verizon. If your goal is to change it to Sprint, then you must get Sprint to provision it. This doesn't happen currently because CDMA providers don't like to activate the other carrier's phone. Once provisioned properly, the phone will switch providers and towers since the new PRL will be from the new carrier.

Also, Sprint uses customized MSL codes whereas Verison uses all Zeros for their code. The MSL code is what is used to gain access to the Qualcomm radio chipset to provision it. This MSL difference is also something that will cause issues.

Basically neither Sprint nor Verizon have in-place plans on letting its subscribers use the other carrier's handsets on their network.
    08-01-08 09:30 AM
    Because it's still provisioned by Verizon. If your goal is to change it to Sprint, then you must get Sprint to provision it. This doesn't happen currently because CDMA providers don't like to activate the other carrier's phone. Once provisioned properly, the phone will switch providers and towers since the new PRL will be from the new carrier.

Also, Sprint uses customized MSL codes whereas Verison uses all Zeros for their code. The MSL code is what is used to gain access to the Qualcomm radio chipset to provision it. This MSL difference is also something that will cause issues.

Basically neither Sprint nor Verizon have in-place plans on letting its subscribers use the other carrier's handsets on their network.
    Dead on correct as usual.
    08-01-08 09:41 AM
    Sell it

08-03-08 12:05 AM

Didn't Sprint just get sued in California and Florida for the lockdown on their phones? I think if Sprint got hit sucessfully and was applied to all states then Verizon would follow because they too would just be sued and most likely sucessfully due to the whole precedence thing.
    08-04-08 07:03 AM
    I would take 2-4 years to get into court and who's going to pay your lawyer?
    Both carriers have promised an open phone acceptance policy for some unknown date in the future along with limiting it to phones that have passed their accptance tests, in other words they say they will do it but don't hold your breath and don't think it will ever apply to state of the art phones.
    08-04-08 05:43 PM
    Sell it in the Market place here.... Or use it.. I will buy it off you for $50.00 cash right now.

lmao

all my internet sales are handled in cash too!
    08-04-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD