I honestly really don't see myself switching from Verizon but if I do, then I would like to have a phone that I can just take to a new carrier. But really I want to unlock my Storm... for the simple reason, being able to put someone else's SIM card in and impressing them by using their service on my phone.

The real question is!?!?!

Can I still upgrade my phone via beta and official release on Verizon without having to unlock again?

Sorry if this is a nooooob question
    02-12-09 05:25 PM
    I honestly really don't see myself switching from Verizon but if I do, then I would like to have a phone that I can just take to a new carrier. But really I want to unlock my Storm... for the simple reason, being able to put someone else's SIM card in and impressing them by using their service on my phone.

The real question is!?!?!

Can I still upgrade my phone via beta and official release on Verizon without having to unlock again?

Sorry if this is a nooooob question

Yes. Worked for me with no problem. I have verizon and my att sim in the Storm as well. upgraded last night and no problems so far.
    02-12-09 05:30 PM
    Unlocking is permanent. Once unlocked it's unlocked.
    02-12-09 05:31 PM
    Ok in response to you having both the verizon service and the att sim card in... how does that work?

Could you switch flawlessly between services?
    02-12-09 05:44 PM
    unlocked stays unlock
    02-14-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD