I know this has probably been asked eleventy times before today, but I can't seem to drag up an answer through searching.

I have a Bold locked to Orange UK that I need unlocking, I understand that if I buy a code online it can take up to two working weeks to obtain?

If I walk into a high street unlocking store this afternon and ask them to unlock it, will they be able to do it "while you wait" or will they just do exactly the same thing I would do at home and be subject to the same delay? I'd really like it done sooner rather than later and if somebody in a shop can get it done in a matter minutes/hours rather than days I don't mind paying a little extra for the privilege.
    09-30-09 05:11 AM
    hi tim, i got an unlock code from the internet for my bb pearl and it worked immediately. i think it cost 10.
    09-30-09 06:08 AM
    Call your carrier. They should be able to do it over the phone. And its normally free.
    09-30-09 06:22 AM
    Trouble is I've purchased the phone second hand, it's got an Orange SIM in it which appears to be active but I'm not sure if it's PAYG or Contract so I've not been using it, I'm not an Orange customer.

Orange charge 20 IIRC for unlock codes, and even then they'll only issue them under certain circumstances.
    09-30-09 06:30 AM
    Trouble is I've purchased the phone second hand, it's got an Orange SIM in it which appears to be active but I'm not sure if it's PAYG or Contract so I've not been using it, I'm not an Orange customer.

Orange charge 20 IIRC for unlock codes, and even then they'll only issue them under certain circumstances.
    If you still need more help, we can get the unlock code you need.
    09-30-09 08:52 AM
    I would be able to do it for $15 USD and the code usually comes back within hours NOT weeks.
    09-30-09 10:26 AM
    Ended up running into town after work, got some side street store to do it for 25 whilst I waited, job done and even managed to set up my emaiil accounts on the bus home so it's all sorted

Cheers for the replies though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 11:53 AM
    Hey as long as it got resolved
    09-30-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD