I just bought my Tour and absolutely love it. I am on the verizon network and want to unlock my phone because I am moving to Australia and want to use it there. I have a few questions.

1. What is the best/cheapest way to unlock the tour with verizon.

2. Will my bbm and data plan remain unchanged?

3. Will my insurance be voided?

4. Will there be any problems when I come back to the U.S. and want to resume using the Verizon network.

11-16-09 02:09 PM
    1) You can ask Verizon to unlock your phone for you, but you had to have owned the phone for atleast 60 days, and did not request a phone to be unlocked within the last 10 months. Got my storm1 unlocked this way .. but remember, just because it's unlocked doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Your verizon # is still assigned to your Tour, unless you get a different phone for your current #. You may have to pay the ETF to close your verizon account so you can use the unlocked Tour on aonther carrier permanently, or pay verizon for an unused # if you don't want to pay the ETF so you can use another sim card here and there.
    2) Your BBM and data all depends on your carrier, so you may want to check around.
    3) Same goes with insurance, unless you bought the extended insurance through verizon, you may want to check. All phones come with the manufacturer's warranty.
    4) And how to use your phone when you come back to the States, well that all depends if you paid the ETF to free up your Tour from your Verizon #, or you just paid your monthly dues and used another sim card temporarily from a different carrier.
    11-16-09 02:40 PM