so i've been searching the forums but i keep coming up short to finding the answer of my exact questions. i'm sorry if this has been answered and i just missed it but i really did try.
    so here goes. we just bought a storm today off ebay, verizon branded obviously. but we have alltel. not one of the alltel's that will be switching to verizon though. my question is that even though alltel and verizon are both cdma, am i going to have any problems unlocking and then activating this storm on alltel? also, if i CAN do this, am i going to have to take extra steps to make this work? i may try calling verizon first to get the unlock code, and then if they won't give it to me i'll just purchase one. i probably should have checked this before i bought it but it was very spur of the moment, and i got a little excited. d:
    any help, advice, or answers would be much obliged. thanks in advance!!
    09-19-09 05:48 PM
    any ideas? ]: atleast an answer about if i'm going to be able to activate it on alltel after unlocking it? thanks.
    09-20-09 05:02 AM
    ya u can use it on alltell.. i use it on t mobile and i dont have a blackberry plan.. and i think its cdma
    09-20-09 11:43 AM
    that's because storm has the ability to have a sim card. my only concern is when you use it on verizon they give you a verizon sim card. alltel doesn't have that.. and what if this phone doesn't come with a sim card?
    09-20-09 12:08 PM
    You will have to ask Verizon and Alltel that question actually since their both CDMA carriers. But since technically they will be the same company in theory it shouldn't matter.

Unlocking is for the use on a GSM carrier not a CDMA one.
    10-01-09 06:05 PM
    It works.
    My alltel will not be the same as verizon, I am not part of that market. I'm going to at&t.
    10-01-09 06:26 PM
    does it work just as is... or did you need to get it unlocked? or did they give you a sim card? it would be nice to know how you got it to work so future users could get it done easy...
    10-03-09 12:24 PM
    Nope, I had to unlock it. Change some programming in the nam settings and bam, working. To get full EVDO there are a few other steps but here's the thread that I used.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/sto...ltel-d-118342/

It's a great help. Just know that when you're trying to set the PRL (calling *228) you may have to dial *22800, *22801, or *22802. Don't get discouraged, even if something gets tough or doesn't seem to work. Make sure to check as many posts as needed or ask here and I'll be glad to help anyone with anything. Remember, when asking someone at alltel to switch your MEID, don't tell them it's a storm. If you get denied, call back. Or when in doubt, lie. haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD