In a few months from now I am going to be going overseas to asia for a month. I have a Blackberry Storm 2 and have found out that it is compatable to the networks where I am visiting. While I am there, i would like to be able to purchase pre paid sim cards to use my phone there. AFTER I had signed the contract, the lady at the Telus store decided to infrom me that Telus will not unlock phones. So my questions are A) does Telus unlock phones? B) If not, if I use one of those third party places to get my phone unlocked, can I return my phone back to the Telus network? *Note: I live in Manitoba and my Storm2 does not have a removable SIM card for me to access the network*
    11-23-10 06:32 PM
    In a few months from now I am going to be going overseas to asia for a month. I have a Blackberry Storm 2 and have found out that it is compatable to the networks where I am visiting. While I am there, i would like to be able to purchase pre paid sim cards to use my phone there. AFTER I had signed the contract, the lady at the Telus store decided to infrom me that Telus will not unlock phones. So my questions are A) does Telus unlock phones? B) If not, if I use one of those third party places to get my phone unlocked, can I return my phone back to the Telus network? *Note: I live in Manitoba and my Storm2 does not have a removable SIM card for me to access the network*
    A) No Telus will not unlock a CDMA phone.
    B) If you unlock it it just allows you to use your phone with another GSM provider especially when going overseas and looking for cheaper alternatives. Once unlocked you can use your phone with a SIM card from GSM providers or use it on Telus.

You do not need to tell them you've unlocked it. Just unlock and insert your new prepaid SIM when in Asia and switch you mobile network technology settings to GSM/UMTS. and you are ready to use your phone.

Options > Mobile Network > Network Technology

If you are unlocking your Storm 2 recommend using either cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom. Both great unlockers
    t-rav51 likes this.
    11-23-10 06:48 PM
    Telus will not unlock any of their phones. and yes if you unlock it, you can return to your original carrier when you get back.
    t-rav51 likes this.
    11-23-10 10:17 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for the help folks!!! One last quick question. When I get back. Do I just remove the SIM card I have from Taiwan, and then just go back into the settings and click on TELUS mobile again??
    Last edited by t-rav51; 11-24-10 at 01:10 AM.
    11-24-10 01:07 AM
    Once your phone is unlocked it should automatically switch to the carrier of the SIM card that is inserted. Good luck!
    11-24-10 02:30 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for the help folks!!! One last quick question. When I get back. Do I just remove the SIM card I have from Taiwan, and then just go back into the settings and click on TELUS mobile again??
    Your welcome. Yes remove it and switch back to evdo..
    11-24-10 08:50 AM
    You do not need any sim in the phone while in Canada.
    11-24-10 08:50 AM

If you still need help unlocking we offer cheap balckberry unlock codes. Yes you can Unlock for those networks, pre-paid won't be a problem. Also, when you get home, you can just switch it back over to the telus network. Check Signature or PM with any questions.
    11-24-10 09:52 AM

They will not unlock it. As far as returning only if you are within the return policy. Your storm 2 does have a sim card slot.
    11-25-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD