So, I've read all (or most) of the threads involving unlocking the Storm, but none seem to be answering my thoughts and concerns...

1. I understand you have to be a Verizon customer to be able to unlock... What kinds of questions do the reps ask? Do they need to verify an account with them? I've read some postings here that it sounds like some non-Verizon customers were able to get an unlock code with no questions... how is that so? Just have to hit up the right person?

2. I bought the phone off of eBay and would like to have it unlocked. Since the phone still has the previous owner's number in the "my number" profile, does Verizon have any way of tracing the phone's ID number if I had my friend (a Verizon customer) help unlock it? Because it was used for a short period of time before they sold it to me, is Verizon going to tell me, "Um... this phone is/was registered to someone else..." (???)

Thanks!
    01-12-09 06:10 PM
    Unlocking services are offered by several reputable, established unlocking service providers. I can't recommend one, but I do suggest you look around.
    07-22-11 08:31 PM
    unlockmybberry.com, will you PLEASE STOP gravedigging old threads. Stop it. Perhaps someone will BAN YOU and put us out of our misery. Sheesh!!
    07-23-11 05:46 AM
    unlockmybberry.com, will you PLEASE STOP gravedigging old threads. Stop it. Perhaps someone will BAN YOU and put us out of our misery. Sheesh!!
    lol....he just likes reliving the good old days...
    07-23-11 08:29 PM
    there are some ppl that pull up threads from mONTHS ago. i can think of a few. won't say
    07-25-11 02:33 PM
    So, I've read all (or most) of the threads involving unlocking the Storm, but none seem to be answering my thoughts and concerns...

1. I understand you have to be a Verizon customer to be able to unlock... What kinds of questions do the reps ask? Do they need to verify an account with them? I've read some postings here that it sounds like some non-Verizon customers were able to get an unlock code with no questions... how is that so? Just have to hit up the right person?

2. I bought the phone off of eBay and would like to have it unlocked. Since the phone still has the previous owner's number in the "my number" profile, does Verizon have any way of tracing the phone's ID number if I had my friend (a Verizon customer) help unlock it? Because it was used for a short period of time before they sold it to me, is Verizon going to tell me, "Um... this phone is/was registered to someone else..." (???)

Thanks!
    If you want to go through Verizon you will have to be prepared to answer all there questions. Easiest hassle free way is to purchase one.
    07-25-11 09:25 PM
    1) you can get you Blackberry Storm unlocked with any Blackberry unlocking service online in minutes.

2) you can get unlocked phone or get a locked phone and unlock it online, just make sure that it has a SIM slot and you want to use it on a GSM carrier with a SIM card.
    07-26-11 05:49 PM
    You can get your unlocking code by contacting any of the unlocking site on this forum.
    10-10-11 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD