hi, i am new to the forums and have been a long time iphone user. i am on att and know a decent amount on unlocking phones and service providers. because att chargers the 30 dollar bis plan for any blackberry on their service, i decided to buy an unlocked rogers 9000 so that the serial numbers and imei would come up as unregistered in the att network, making att unable to force me into a plan. i have the $10 data plan on att. i have seen online that the bb browser, bbm, and other apps that require bis will not work. i was wondering if there were any problems with other apps or the app market that are similar to this, and if there are any work arounds them. i am assuming that as long as i change the network settings to att's, the data will work fine. if you have any help or information relevant to this that i might need to know, please enlighten me .

and ps, im sorry if there are threads similar to this. i have looked but because i am new to the bb world a lot of it is confusing to me to piece together from different threads. thanks!
    01-10-10 03:48 PM
    An unlocked phone from any carrier will work on ATT using an ATT SIM.
    The ATT $10 data plan will not give you Blackberry BIS services.
    For that you need is an ATT BB email and/or Internet plan.
    When you load the latest OS, just make sure you delete the vendor file.
    Then, download the service books from ATT and everything will be fine.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-10-10 at 07:49 PM.
    01-10-10 07:47 PM
    U can do browsing on opera, but not the stock browser. I dun think any instant messengers work on BB without BIS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 08:34 PM